Lucid dreaming and astral projection

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Roster605

Lucid dreaming and astral projection

Postby Roster605 » 03 Sep 2012 23:24

I heard lucid dreaming and astral projection is the same thing. I was told that in a dream, if i do a reality check like a little jump then id come up from my body. I believe this is true because when i was younger i had an out of body experience or i guess something like remote viewing, i was at the dentist and i had fell asleep due to sleeping gas then the next thing i know im awake again but like face to the ceiling and i remember seeing the little holes in the ceiling too but anyway i turned around and saw my self sleeping and when i finally woke up i freaked out. Is that astral projection,remote viewing or lucid dreaming because everything was how i saw it from when i looked down on my self from when i woke up.

HAGART

Re: Lucid dreaming and astral projection

Postby HAGART » 05 Sep 2012 07:14

That sounds like an Out Of Body Experience.
The question is, when you were looking down at your body was that reality or did your mind create a very real representation of the dentist office?
I wonder if there have been any tests on OBEs. For example what if the dentist revealed a few playing cards and then the OBEer would see them and then after returning to their body, be able to report what the cards were that they saw. If they are right that is amazing and I suppose it would be remote viewing or a true Out of Body Experience. If not, than perhaps it was just a lucid dream.

I sometimes wake up from a lucid dream, but am not awake and start to float around my room, but I never see my body and would say it was just a lucid dream experience for me. But I believe a true Out of Body Experience may be possible.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 06 Sep 2012 01:25

Roster605 wrote:Is that astral projection,remote viewing or lucid dreaming because everything was how i saw it from when i looked down on my self from when i woke up.

It doesn't matter what you call it. They're all the same thing anyway.

Just relish the fact you had an experience in the non-physical while consciously aware.
THAT is all that's important. What label you want to give it is meaningless. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 07 Sep 2012 08:57

HAGART wrote:I wonder if there have been any tests on OBEs. For example what if the dentist revealed a few playing cards and then the OBEer would see them and then after returning to their body, be able to report what the cards were that they saw. If they are right that is amazing and I suppose it would be remote viewing or a true Out of Body Experience. If not, than perhaps it was just a lucid dream.

I sometimes wake up from a lucid dream, but am not awake and start to float around my room, but I never see my body and would say it was just a lucid dream experience for me. But I believe a true Out of Body Experience may be possible.

My friend has tasked me with traveling to his home and looking inside a closet and seeing what lies within a shoe box in that closet. That is, I am tasted to astral project to do this. I am quite unsure of whether lucid dreaming and astral projection are the same or different. I read a lot about astral projecting being described EXACTLY like lucid dreaming. I mean, its uncanny. I honestly think many people are mixing the two up entirely. So anyway, if I manage to leave my body, I will be seeing what is in that shoe box and reporting to my friend to determine if it was real.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Peter

Postby Peter » 07 Sep 2012 21:04

what amuses me it that if you prove your case then so what?, If you beleive that you are truly OBE thats great and if you dont thats good as well. Its just like you daily reality in that how you intereact with your world and the beliefs that you decide to accept will define you to yourself and this will be projected to others. Suspend the need for proof and just explore and you will most likely solve all the riddles along the way.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 08 Sep 2012 07:52

Peter wrote:what amuses me it that if you prove your case then so what?, If you beleive that you are truly OBE thats great and if you dont thats good as well. Its just like you daily reality in that how you intereact with your world and the beliefs that you decide to accept will define you to yourself and this will be projected to others. Suspend the need for proof and just explore and you will most likely solve all the riddles along the way.

I am a seeker of truth. If I am to explore something believed to be an Astral Plane, I must be certain that I am not simply dreaming.

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Sep 2012 07:59

if you are asleep and aware then you are dreaming, if you choose to call it an astral plane that does not change the fact you are dreaming. none of this makes the exploring any less real at all.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 09 Sep 2012 19:53

Peter wrote:if you are asleep and aware then you are dreaming, if you choose to call it an astral plane that does not change the fact you are dreaming. none of this makes the exploring any less real at all.

But who says you have to be "sleeping" to astral project?

Peter

Postby Peter » 09 Sep 2012 21:10

It would be interesting to know, with a REM recording I am "asleep" when I WILD and I am "asleep" when I go OBE in the afternoons again with a WILD or if you like a Wake Induced OBE. All times my recorder shows REM in all of these dreams, OBE's Astrals or whatever terms are used. The REM state is common to all for me anyway

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 10 Sep 2012 02:02

KylePK wrote:I am a seeker of truth. If I am to explore something believed to be an Astral Plane, I must be certain that I am not simply dreaming.

To make sense of all this stuff, there's a very important point one needs to accept: you might never know the truth.

One needs to learn to live gracefully with uncertainty.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”