Watching Dream Creation in Real Time

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
lucidinthe sky

Watching Dream Creation in Real Time

Postby lucidinthe sky » 05 Sep 2012 01:12

I'm starting to become aware the mechanism that drives the content of dreams, but also trying to understand how it's accessed or operated. Dreams seem to be coming out something like an intention/belief/expectation driven function. I can experience it being produced from somewhere, but trying nail that down is difficult. Access seems to be indirect or just located somewhere I haven't found. Don;t know if this is making sense. Anyway...

I know some of the exercises involving doing things in dreams that solidify expectations such as using mirrors, doors, etc.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has experienced this or even if this makes sense. Also if you have any specific techniques.
Last edited by lucidinthe sky on 05 Sep 2012 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Re: Creating beliefs and expectations during dreams in real

Postby Peter » 05 Sep 2012 06:09

Not sure if I am on the mark but are you referring to the dream being an interface and seeking the raw data behind the dream?, If so I have thought heaps about this and think it would take a different perception to understand or connect and be able to translate to normal concepts. I see wisps of energy floating in my awareness at times and If I were to get into or become aware of the content of this energy is there anyway other than in familiar concepts - dream with normal reality but in distorted ways.

Point me in the right direction if need be as this is interesting
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Re: Watching Dream Creation in Real Time

Postby lucidinthe sky » 09 Sep 2012 21:30

I'm trying to find from where the raw data is coming. It seems to have a source inside somewhere and I can see it passing and know what will happen right before it happens like deja vu. I am controlling it for sure, but not directly, but through some mechanism that I'm trying to become familiar with.

Maybe finding how it works and how to use it is really the essence of dream control. Always thought of dream control as changing certain aspects of the dream, not creating the entire thing from the beginning to end.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 09 Sep 2012 21:53

I feel as if I have looked at the energy or raw data a lot both in a dream and in the void at times. I want to try to attach to it and see where it goes or what happens. Its very illusive and I may be fooling myself as well. This sort of goal adds a new depth to dreaming and its a great adventure
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 09 Sep 2012 22:42

I'd like to trace it back to the source as well. We know from Laberge's work that dreaming is a conscious process so we are creating an entire experience that we call a dream, not from same area as the regular thought process, but also not some unconscious process either. It's controlled in real time consciously. The brain wave patterns during REM sleep are pretty much identical to waking state. But exercising control means establishing a connection to wherever the center of control is.

I have been doing meditation as a practice for WILD, but trying to go beyond just using regular thoughts to imagine a reality. Instead, I'm trying to create an experience inside, to acutally be somewhere. It seems to require coming up with an idea mentally, but after that, not thinking about it directly in thoughts, but directing it experientially. I'm using interesting experiences I've had in the past as a starting point to enter at the level of the experience and then going from there. So far it's working, but just for short intervals. As soon as my direct mental thought process interferes, it messes it up. It's quite an incredible feeling though when it works even if it's for a few seconds. Going to continue to work on this and see if it helps with WILD and lucid dreams in general.

alppdcjr12

Postby alppdcjr12 » 21 Sep 2012 16:48

I think that noticing the way dreams are created is a form of awareness that can go much deeper than it appears to. Noticing when something happens because you expect it to is one thing, but noticing even the way colors, sounds, small details of your world, all come from your mind, is a step deeper. Beyond that, the very nature of perception comes from your mind, and understanding that takes a good deal of concentration, awareness, and for lack of a better term, zen. I think that focusing on the fact that everything in your mind comes from your mind (awake or asleep) will help you understand this further in a dream, and start to learn more and more about the way that it occurs. Definitely an avenue worth exploring!
"Life is that which dreams are made on, and is rounded by a sleep."
-Prospero, Shakespeare's "The Tempest"
Check out my lucid dreaming blog: www.rememberawake.com

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Sep 2012 06:08

It's definitely much deeper than just normal thought. It comes from a place that knows exactly what it wants and exactly how to produce it. There is no "I wonder if I can do..." or "I would like to do..." There is only "Doing..." It operates by action.

Peter

Postby Peter » 26 Sep 2012 09:39

I have been playing around with the idea of interacting with the HI that I get. What I am aiming to do is to get relaxed in to the state of losing some awareness of my body and when the HI is just starting to from or when I am at the stage of expecting to I will try to imagine a cube or rock and then "put" my dream hands onto that image by trying to feel it. I expect this to put me quickly into the dreamscape and jump past the sticky points where its so easy to go to sleep and miss the WILD entry. Not sure how it will work and have had a big run of colds and flu in last couple of months so taking it easy and trying to get rested. I have still had a good run of lucids but not tried in my normal way which is to expect them each night. It sort of runs with your idea of seeking out the control center and getting deeper experiences.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Sep 2012 16:42

Sounds interesting, let us know how it goes and what you learn.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”