I went to hell

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
droyd666

I went to hell

Postby droyd666 » 04 Sep 2012 02:54

This happened about 5-7 years ago(I'm 20) and is the one dream that I could never forget. I was walking down a road about the size of a normal road and there was fire on both sides and human remains piled up in mounds. At the end of the road, I saw a person which I assume was the devil on a throne-like chair. I honestly can't remember how his face looked, I must have forced myself to forget because it was so horrible. I remember, after seeing his face I was so terrified that I woke up and my pillow was soaked with sweat. That was by far the worst nightmare of my life.

I wouldn't call myself a Christian nor an atheist but I do believe in a God. Do you think this could be a vision of what is to come or was this just another dream?

torakrubik

Re: I went to hell

Postby torakrubik » 04 Sep 2012 23:20

Probably just a nightmare if i'm honest...since i'm an atheist i just think it was nothing more than a scary part of the dreamworld.
Dreaming is my drug

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 08 Sep 2012 05:52

I doubt it was a vision of what was to come, it was probably just a nightmare where your expectations of what hell is came into your dream somehow, sounds horrible man.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Mr.Lucid

Postby Mr.Lucid » 11 Sep 2012 14:52

I agree with the comments above. Dreaming ( normal and lucid) usually doesn't reveal 'whats to come'. Want to know why?
Because our subconsious controls the dream! It gives us a scene to play in, false memories if needed, it copies from things we know. So if we don't know what the future holds, how will our subconsious?
This comment is in no-way religious, it is from a scientific standpoint. I believe in divinity, but this isn't about religion

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Sep 2012 19:31

It was just a dream with a lot of symbolism in it that is probably tied to what you have experienced lately, how you view certain waking life events or even perhaps imagination running wild from that basis. As Mr. Lucid said, we have a subconscious mind.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”