Caffeine

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
SGraham

Re: Caffeine

Postby SGraham » 02 Jul 2012 18:29

Ty8200 wrote:The media is what's to blame, I'm sure, but people need to start thinking for themselves
exactly, people are definatly more gulible these days
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

maj0224

Postby maj0224 » 08 Aug 2012 11:36

We should blame ourselves because in first and foremost, if we have self discipline we can be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Ty8200

Postby Ty8200 » 08 Aug 2012 12:20

maj0224 wrote:We should blame ourselves because in first and foremost, if we have self discipline we can be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

What we consider to be a healthy lifestyle is also controlled by the media. Firstly, if you've never been overweight, you have no idea how hard it is to lose weight, by yourself. No surgery, no weird pills, no trainers. I consider myself to have outstanding willpower. I quit smoking, after smoking for 3 years straight, cold turkey. Haven't smoked in over 4 years. Yet, I've been overweight my entire life. There isn't one moment where there's not something I'm trying. I never give up, and yet it's the hardest thing in the world for me. So I think it goes a little beyond having self discipline. I do blame myself first, because there's always something more I could have done. But I think the media plays a part in this as well. The focus on losing weight is a shallow view that says "you'll look sexy in a bikini". Where the focus should be "You'll live longer and better, you'll feel stronger and faster". Believing in a such a superficial way won't motivate anybody to live healthier. Thankfully I see past it, but others don't. -_- Such is life. Back to the grind.
Reality is the sight, where reflection is the truth.
Water is the glass, where deception is the stone.
Reality is the cage, where limit is the lock.
Mind is the key, where only the blind can see.

Psychosanity

Postby Psychosanity » 11 Sep 2012 15:46

Snaggle wrote:This does not belong in this sub-forum.

How can something not belong in the Off-Topic section? :shock:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2390

Return to “Off-Topic”