Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Bleekman117

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Bleekman117 » 10 Sep 2012 00:10

Well, you can try to tell your parents that lucid dreaming is only in YOUR mind and is completely safe! No demons are going to attack you in a lucid dream, and even if they could, you have the power to destroy them! As for improving your chances for having a lucid dream, just keep at it! It takes a lot of patience to lucid dream. You can try and start meditating every day. Meditating will increase your dream recall and you can even incubate some dreams while you are meditating. Also, if you've been trying for a while with no success, try and take a break for a while. Sometimes people are just trying too hard. Take a few days off and you might get surprised with a lucid dream! Its happened to me before!
Also, see f you can get your hands on a copy of Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Dr. Stephen LeBerge. I thinks its like 8 bucks at Barnes N Noble. Its a great book for frustrated beginners! He goes over everything you need to know about lucid dreaming, and maybe you can even convince your parents that demons are not going to get you if you can lucid dream. That is honestly one of the most ridiculous things I've heard on this forum...
The mind is a beautiful thing

Sander

Postby Sander » 10 Sep 2012 13:12

i would even go as far as to say that they are ignorant for suggesting that those things will happen, without even doing some research about the subject. Nothing irritates me more than people saying completely absurd stuff and actually believe it's true, just because they think it's true, without any grounded arguments.

but that's just me.

My dad did the same thing to me when i wanted to order some calea Z. I'm 23 years old but i don't have a visa, so i can't buy anything from foreign countries without his consent. I've told him calea Z is harmless but he won't give in, because he believes they are drugs like weed etc. When i have some free time, i'm going to the Netherlands and i'm buying it myself :) (i'm Belgian and it's a little over an hour away from here by car ^^)
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

Mr.Lucid

Postby Mr.Lucid » 10 Sep 2012 16:20

Thanks for the tips. Maybe when I have a succesful LD I will finally ask them.
It's just, my parents aren't saying that through religion, its just nowadays movies seem to make LD seem bad (Insidious for example....) So my parents, who are really intellegent to be honest, believe it. That is ironic, because they make a living off their wits, yet they believe what they have seen in movies XD. When I first learned about LDing, I casually asked my mother what it was (I knew what it was, but if I asked her 'Can I lucid dream?' and she said no, I would be screwed), and she looked at me with a 'NO' face, and she was like, 'I don't appreciate your want in Lucid Dreaming, it invites demons and evil spirits into you. In my mind, I was like "WTF? It's my mind, why can't I? If there are demons, then let them kill me! It would be my bad!" And then I went away. I would ask other family members to get me the stuff, but they most likely have the same point of views. So anymore tips, is there any sleep aids I can make homemade??

Sander

Postby Sander » 10 Sep 2012 16:51

they are really intelligent, but they believe demons will kill you in your sleep.. i can't help but see a paradox in this situation...
Free Your Mind.

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 10 Sep 2012 20:20

Only home made I can suggest is anything with vitamin B6. Eat things with cheese during the day, eat a banana and have a cup of tea with honey before bed. (The honey has B6, not the tea) But honestly, you don't need supplements to lucid dream, just patience. As long as you are doing a dream journal daily, about a dozen reality checks a day, meditating daily and practicing LD techniques every night, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to have a lucid dream within a month or so.
The mind is a beautiful thing

Mr.Lucid

Postby Mr.Lucid » 11 Sep 2012 14:23

Ok I will tery those tips thanks :mrgreen: .
Oh and yes, I agree...there does seem to be a contradiction between that.....XD

Sander

Postby Sander » 11 Sep 2012 15:37

something i noticed on my way to frequent lucid dreams, is that whenever i'm roused by my alarmclock in the morning, i can't seem to remember anything about my dreams. This happens 90% of the time. My REM cycle must be pretty messed up :-/ luckily i only have to get up early 2 times a week. The other days my shift starts in the afternoon.

However, this is rather bothersome whenever i want to try the 90 minute technique to boost my dream recall or do the WBTB technique.
Free Your Mind.

StoneeMane

Postby StoneeMane » 11 Sep 2012 17:54

Okay so a few months ago i started trying some of these techniques (mainly the MILD technique) and before too long i had a lucid dream, but it was not very clear. I have recently started reading more and more about lucid dreams again and yesterday decided to try again. And last night i had a lucid dream! i went for a flight but it did not last very long and was not very clear. I was able to tell myself I was dreaming and decided i wanted to fly. I know i've only just started but could you give me any tips to maybe hold onto it for longer and help the clearness of the dream? Thank you!

Sander

Postby Sander » 11 Sep 2012 19:52

read Rebecca's blog about lucid dreaming. It contains a whole lot of interesting information.

this is a section about enhancing lucidity: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-stay-lucid.html
Free Your Mind.

NAIAD

Postby NAIAD » 12 Sep 2012 20:15

Sander wrote:something i noticed on my way to frequent lucid dreams, is that whenever i'm roused by my alarmclock in the morning, i can't seem to remember anything about my dreams. This happens 90% of the time. My REM cycle must be pretty messed up :-/ luckily i only have to get up early 2 times a week. The other days my shift starts in the afternoon.

However, this is rather bothersome whenever i want to try the 90 minute technique to boost my dream recall or do the WBTB technique.

I've found that staying in the same position that I wake up in, and playing the dream back to front (so you can trace what caused what) really helps.

Return to “For Beginners”