What is this?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Peter

Re: What is this?

Postby Peter » 08 Sep 2012 06:01

There is way to much fantasy about dreaming within dreaming, you are dreaming or you are not dreaming. A sequence of deams in just that, no different that geting in a car or walking to new locations in waking life. In dreaming the change is a jump thats all, my deep dreams are still no more than taking some skill I have in the dreamspace and using that to leverage a new or specific experiance.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 10 Sep 2012 01:53

lucidinthe sky wrote:Sorry to disagree, but not only is there such a thing, but there are countless posts on this board from others who have had this experience and recognize it as what it is. I have had both experiences and most of time can easily tell the difference. I would say that dreaming about lucid dreaming is a little closer to being lucid, but it's not lucid. You are not aware, and that's it. No awareness, just imagining it. It think there a lot more "grey area" than black and white, but that's just my opinion.

You're more than welcome to believe what you want to. Don't let my opinion get in the way of that. ;)

One day, everyone will come to the same conclusions I have. It's the conclusion that what humanity calls "dreaming" doesn't even really exist. Once you make that discovery for yourself (because you can't have someone else tell you this, which is what's going on here), all the other puzzle pieces start dropping into place and everything becomes so crystal clear.

You might think I sound really arrogant saying all this... but these are the personal truths I've discovered over the last 3 years. As I said in another thread, it's literally changed my reality and how I perceive everything.

In the grand scheme of things... the topic of this thread is actually meaningless.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Peter

Postby Peter » 10 Sep 2012 11:34

What no life and no dreams just different realities ????
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

alppdcjr12

Postby alppdcjr12 » 10 Sep 2012 23:34

It seems like this has been said, but "a dream within a dream" is really just a dream. You're not going more to sleep, you're just transitioning between dreams, in this case by lying down and closing your eyes. It's no different from the way dreams normally transition, which could be with very little logical explanation. That is definitely a lucid dream. Good job :)
"Life is that which dreams are made on, and is rounded by a sleep."
-Prospero, Shakespeare's "The Tempest"
Check out my lucid dreaming blog: www.rememberawake.com

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 10 Sep 2012 23:50

Peter wrote:What no life and no dreams just different realities ????

That we're multidimensional consciousnesses... which simply experience different realities with varying levels of awareness pertaining this consciousness, yes.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Sep 2012 01:21

Isn't that just a way of looking at things, Ryan? I wouldn't call it a truth since there is no empirical evidence to support it. I'll tell you what I get out of such experiences so far... that they are all in our minds - that we are not really travelling anywhere other than experiencing the many realities that our brains are capable of creating. This is what my experience tells me. Conscious dreams aka lucid dreams. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Sep 2012 08:27

Ryan wrote:It's the conclusion that what humanity calls "dreaming" doesn't even really exist.

I agree. I think the term, "dreaming" as humanity calls it doesn't really exist the way most think it does. It is not so black and white, on or off, awake or asleep.
Here's what I think:
We are always dreaming even when awake. As long as anybody has a subjective view of reality and attributes meanings to the things they sense... they are dreaming.... (in a sense). We are imagining the importance of what we experience in our lives and give everything meaning. Life is, and always was, a dream. Anyone who has done LSD or read a few Beatles lyrics would know what I mean. When we sleep at night, we don't turn on our subconscious and let it dream, it was already on all day; It never turned off. We merely stop thinking with the conscious layer of our minds and unveil our subconscious. And left unchecked, our subconscious creates what we call dreams. But they are really just vivid daydreams that happen at night really when you think about it. If there is such a word as daydreaming, perhaps what humanity calls "dreaming" should be called 'nightdreaming'.

So I think we are always dreaming in the background of our minds constantly even when awake. And I can't help but think about the other discussion about reality and "the next step" when I say:

The only way to stop dreaming and see reality for what it really is you must dissociate from it and see everything completely objectively like a robot. (But that doesn't sound like very much fun does it? However, Buddah would say that in that state of "spiritual enlightenment" there would also be no pain or disappointment either....)

I say, it's easier to go with the flow and feel the warmth of the wool over our eyes....
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Sep 2012 10:24

I have thought of dreaming in all its meanings as another life for a long time now, not only lucid dreaming but all dreaming. Right or wrong I am happy with this and I am more inclined to think of consciousness as also being a product and not the finial say in the big picture either.

alppdcjr12

Postby alppdcjr12 » 11 Sep 2012 23:02

I don't think these opinions are contrasting. It seems like everyone's more or less agreed on this: A dream about dreaming does exist, but the dream-dream is only a dream-dream insofar as you're dreaming that it's a dream. Objectively, it's the same kind of dream that the dream is. Falling asleep in a dream is just another way of transitioning into the next part of the dream, but if it plays a role in the storyline, you could accurately and usefully refer to it as a dream within a dream.

Anyway, that's what I believe.
"Life is that which dreams are made on, and is rounded by a sleep."
-Prospero, Shakespeare's "The Tempest"
Check out my lucid dreaming blog: www.rememberawake.com

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”