First lucid dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
BigDreamin

First lucid dream

Postby BigDreamin » 09 Jul 2011 15:32

So I'm walkin through a dirt tunnel and I hear some chattering, my shoe laces became untied, I bent over to tie them..then I realize my laces can't be untied because I never tie them :lol:
At this point I know I'm dreaming, I still hear chattering coming my way in the tunnel but everything gets dark.
I got excited and closed my eyes, the dream became dark :shock:
then while trying to imagine my eyes opening again, I woke up
Did a reality check :idea: but I realized I'm awake :lol:

JoeyFeduka

Re: First lucid dream

Postby JoeyFeduka » 10 Jul 2011 08:47

I woke up within 10 seconds or so from my first LDs. I was so angry when I woke up haha! Eventually you'll just say, "keep calm...", rub your hands together, etc. Make sure not to focus on the fact that you're dreaming and you know it. Just start doing all the cool stuff you want to, and it should be ok. Don't get too excited though!

rdubya

Re: First lucid dream

Postby rdubya » 11 Jul 2011 15:18

Closing your eyes in a LD often results in you opening your physical eyes and becoming aware of it, aka awake. I recommend going with the dream the first few times, but try altering something to work on your LD abilities. Try walking in the opposite direction your dream is leading you, and it will create new scenery for you, sometimes related and sometimes not to what is occurring.

Return to “For Beginners”