Regularity of Lucid Dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Tarpaulin

Regularity of Lucid Dreams

Postby Tarpaulin » 11 Sep 2012 10:58

Hi All,

I was wondering how regularly you're all having lucked dreaming after doing the techniques on a discipline basis?

I have been doing Reality checks every hour all day, WILD when I go to bed every night and MILD when i wake up after a dream. So far in a month I've had two lucid dreams. My aim is to have them at will.

Is two in a month normal or should I be getting a lot more already?

alppdcjr12

Re: Regularity of Lucid Dreams

Postby alppdcjr12 » 11 Sep 2012 22:54

I'm going to take a guess in the dark: you really care about lucid dreaming, and you're approaching the situation very systematically, investing as much time and focus as you can. Does that sound right? I'm the same way. The problem is, when you approach it in that way, putting all your investment into technique can end up making your lucid dreaming practice just another piece of your daily struggle. At least, not everyone responds to that. Maybe for you to succeed, it doesn't have to be the most prevalent thing you think about. It does help for it to be the most profound, the most interesting, the most transcendent contemplation. I would recommend reading Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche's book "The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep," and in general just focusing on gathering energy for the task. You don't have to let it take over your life, but if you really feel the intensity of what it means to control every aspect of your environment, the energy of contemplating that should control that moment.

Also, write down your dreams. That's not optional.
"Life is that which dreams are made on, and is rounded by a sleep."
-Prospero, Shakespeare's "The Tempest"
Check out my lucid dreaming blog: www.rememberawake.com

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Sep 2012 05:04

Your average is about the same as mine: 2 per month. Sometimes 3, sometimes 1. Had more when I first started, but worked a lot harder on it too. It really does depend on how long you've been doing it and also how much effort you put in. It's fairly diffcult for me to do so I haven't been willing to put in a lot of extra effort. I'm happy with one every 2 weeks although 1 a week is my goal right now. At least it's not 1 per month, that is a major disappointment.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 12 Sep 2012 06:02

Avg one a week but can be many in one night as well.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 12 Sep 2012 06:04

Mine tends to cycle and it really has nothing to do with me doing reality checks, I never do them anymore. If you are going to work on anything, the only thing you really should work on is dream recall in the morning. Personally the best way for me to get lucid dreams is to try WBTB tech for a few days by setting my alarm at around 5 am and getting out of bed for a bit, then trying a WILD.

After a few days of this il set it to say 8 am, because I am used to getting up early but there is no alarm, I will become more aware in the mornings but im still tired due to no alarm, so that seems to help with DEILDs.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

marry1

Postby marry1 » 12 Sep 2012 07:03

I think dream is not in control of ourselves.
You can check the hotel details in: http://list-of-hotels.com , and find more atrractions of there from http://attractions.bz .

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”