New to lucid dreaming so bear with me... :D

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
BayBeeDreamer

New to lucid dreaming so bear with me... :D

Postby BayBeeDreamer » 12 Sep 2012 17:44

Hello guys!
Right, I'm Charley and I am 15 years old.

I have recently heard of the term 'lucid dreaming', I was very intrigued as being in control of your dreams sounded both amazing, yet unbelievable.
So I want to find out for myself. :lol:

I have done quite a lot of research on lucidity, and I am really excited!
I want to believe it! I really do, but as a beginner I find it hard to believe that you can be aware that you are dreaming and actually control it. All the websites say that a lot of people don't believe in lucid dreaming, until they have experienced it first hand, and that's what I am hoping to achieve...

I joined this forum to learn more about lucid dreaming, and hopefully make a few friends along the way :oops:

"You might have seen a housefly, maybe even a superfly, but I bet you ain’t never seen a donkey fly." (Unless you were lucid dreaming!)

Psychosanity

Re: New to lucid dreaming so bear with me... :D

Postby Psychosanity » 12 Sep 2012 18:16

Well, for starters you can just go ahead and believe it. It has been scientifically proven beyond any doubt, and there are millions of people who do it regularly.

Just keep reading about it (the website attached to this forum is an excellent place to start) and learn as much as you can. There is no doubt it is very real!
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2390

lucidinthe sky

Re: New to lucid dreaming so bear with me... :D

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Sep 2012 19:31

BayBeeDreamer wrote: want to believe it! I really do, but as a beginner I find it hard to believe that you can be aware that you are dreaming and actually control it. All the websites say that a lot of people don't believe in lucid dreaming

If you have any doubts you should read Steven Laberge's work. He was a real pioneer and developed a lot of techniques we are using to learn how to lucid dream. He was the first person to prove that you are actually conscious while you are dreaming. He did that by signalling observers with his eyes while his brain waves were being monitored to make sure he was in REM sleep.

BayBeeDreamer wrote:I have recently heard of the term 'lucid dreaming', I was very intrigued as being in control of your dreams sounded both amazing, yet unbelievable.

For me the most unbelievable part of lucid dreaming is not controlling your dreams, but walking around and touching a real world that's solid and 3 dimensional. The first time you walk around inside a dream world and experience it the same way as waking life it will change your life. That to me, is the hard part to believe. Before I had lucid dreams, I woke up and felt like my dreams were like movies I had just watched and remembered. But in a lucid dream it's not like watching somethinmg on a screen, it's like being in a real place. It's really hard to tell someone, you just have to experience it.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”