Reality Checks?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
BayBeeDreamer

Reality Checks?

Postby BayBeeDreamer » 12 Sep 2012 19:04

I'm new to lucid dreaming, and was just wondering who some people say "Am I dreaming" as their reality check?

I understand other reality checks, such as pushing your fingers through your palms. and looking at your reflection, but what is supposed to happen when you ask the question?
Are you expecting someone to say "Yes" or what?
Sorry if it sounds dumb, I just don't get it. :oops:

Thank :D :oops:
"You might have seen a housefly, maybe even a superfly, but I bet you ain’t never seen a donkey fly." (Unless you were lucid dreaming!)

lucidinthe sky

Re: Reality Checks?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Sep 2012 19:43

The idea is to get it into your mind that you could dreaming at any time by asking the question while your awake and hopefully it transfers to your dreams. Learn to ask the question, often it's enough to just ask the question when you are dreaming to become lucid.

A lot of us have the mistaken idea that we are able to tell when we are dreaming, but it's a lot more real than your perception of dreams based on your memories after waking up.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Re: Reality Checks?

Postby Peter » 12 Sep 2012 20:20

The dream is more real than you expect and your perceptions are a little different so you are wanting to engage the part of you mind that questions and from there gain awareness that you are dreaming.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”