Hey there!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Hey there!

Postby JustDarren » 12 Sep 2012 13:02

Hey guys ^^ I'm new here. I'm Darren, 20 years old and new to lucid dreaming.

I've known about lucid dreaming for a little while now but i only decided to look into it yesterday, where i found this site, which i love by the way :P, I spent hours upon hours reading about lucid dreaming last night and i might of had my first glimpse at it last night on my first night. I cannot call it a dream because it wasn't ,I'm not sure if I was aware while i was sleeping or if I really was just half awake but i had this weird feeling, I do remember thinking to myself that i was asleep but i didn't see anything really, it was all black and only lasted for a few seconds. I remembered my encounter when i woke up. Was I just really stuck in the middle of sleep and being awake? I have been half awake and half asleep before and was able to think my thoughts at will, but it didn't have the same weird sensation as last nights experience felt.

However, I don't think I am completely new to lucid dreaming. As a kid I can recall having dreams that I could control, I could fly with ease and control my own direct actions. To this day I still remember those dreams vividly and clearly and how the sensation of flying felt. I can only recall about 4 dreams like that though. I don't know where my abilities went to :( But I hope to regain those abilities and have full and total control of my dreams :P

I'm thinking of keeping a log of all my experiences to share with you guys on this forum :D Thank you for making such an amazing site Rebecca :] Happy dreaming to all!

lucidinthe sky

Re: Hey there!

Postby lucidinthe sky » 13 Sep 2012 02:24

Welcome to the group!

Lucid dreaming is a fantastic experience. What I like is that you can be you, while your dream is going on, seemingly by itself, not like a movie on a screen, but an actual place you are in and can experience with all of your senses. I especially like touching things in the dream and seeing how they feel exactly the same as waking life. You get be an observer/experiencer of a world that's just as real as the waking one.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”