What Should I Try Next...

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Legended

What Should I Try Next...

Postby Legended » 13 Sep 2012 02:00

I've been having lucid dreams almost every night. I've done things such as flying, using cars and even trains as airplanes. I've levitated other people and objects. I teleported. I talked to my subconscious and other things that may be inappropriate to mention. Does anybody have any ideas on what I should try next? I'm kind of running out of ideas.

Psychosanity

Re: What Should I Try Next...

Postby Psychosanity » 13 Sep 2012 03:22

You should try just letting the dream happen, and enjoy being there inside it. I don't understand why anyone would want to do all this "controlling". How much enjoyment can you get from a movie you wrote, directed, produced, and filmed yourself? Watching it is kind of...pointless, isn't it?

Let the dreams surprise you once in awhile. Just kick back and enjoy the show.
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2390

Legended

Postby Legended » 13 Sep 2012 03:45

Psychosanity wrote:You should try just letting the dream happen, and enjoy being there inside it. I don't understand why anyone would want to do all this "controlling". How much enjoyment can you get from a movie you wrote, directed, produced, and filmed yourself? Watching it is kind of...pointless, isn't it?

Let the dreams surprise you once in awhile. Just kick back and enjoy the show.

It is enjoyable because it's not all under my control.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 13 Sep 2012 04:35

Psychosanity wrote:You should try just letting the dream happen, and enjoy being there inside it. I don't understand why anyone would want to do all this "controlling".

YES! You are right. Just be inside it! I can't believe that's not enough. My gosh, if that alone is totally blowing your mind, I'm sorry, but your missing out. I would suggest trying to experience lucid dreaming on a deeper level instead of trying to find new things to control.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 13 Sep 2012 07:51

Do an unknown drug. Basically try and spawn a drug that you have no idea what will do to you, it will come in the form of some strange thing and how you have to use it may be completely random, but your subconscious will take care of it for you. Take the drug, and anything goes really. I have had some extremely intense experiences by doing this just once ( I always forget about it when I do LD) and I woke up shaking in shock from what happened.

If thats not your thing, try fly into space and fly into a blackhole. This is a simlar idea because you have no idea what is going to happen, so your dream becomes an experience you have yet to imagine. Basically once you get to these states anything goes really, its quite interesting and im quite dissapointed with myself now that I think about it for not trying it out more.

Or you could try fly outside our universe into another universe, or into an M Brane. Actually this has given me an idea for a topic in itself.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Legended

Postby Legended » 13 Sep 2012 08:12

Funny thing is I have tried drugs in a dream before but non-lucid. I took LSD and it was a trip. Everything started to morph and the colors got really vivid. I kept warping to different locations. I had a false awakening and asked my friend what happened and he said I was tripping out.

Most of you are making it seem like I'm some kind of control freak. I usually enjoy them like you say I should, but since I'm having them so frequent I want to try new things.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 13 Sep 2012 08:42

Yeah I understand that, might as well take advantage of some of the other possibilities right?

All of my drug experiences are non lucid as well, for some reason I never remember to do it while lucid. I have done drugs in dreams that I have never done in real life like cocaine, opium and heroin, and they felt just... just great lol.

Im also getting stoned a lot in dreams even though I rarely do it these days because that stops me figuring out its a dream, I have become better and better at realising what is a dream and what isnt when the dreams are vivid and my awareness is high, so usually im put in bizarre sitatuations to explain the weirdness.

Oh yeah for Lucid Dreams something interesting to try out is something extreme that you dont do much in real life, like extreme skateboarding or crazy acrobatics you couldnt normally do. Its pretty much impossible to bail and you will surprise yourself with what you can do, you are pretty much Neo, you can do cool backflips onto buildings and all sorts of ninja stuff, swinging on ropes and such. Also the more you do the higher your confidence grows, making you do more and more extreme stuff. These are my favourite dreams.

Now that I think of it, The Matrix is a really good analogy for Lucid Dreaming, no idea why I never thought of that before.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Psychosanity

Postby Psychosanity » 13 Sep 2012 15:50

Legended wrote:Most of you are making it seem like I'm some kind of control freak.

I didn't mean to sound that way, no offense was intended. I just meant that letting your subconscious run wild, and not trying to manipulate the dream, may allow it to show you something unexpected and surprising. This could, in itself, lead you to the new ideas you are looking for!

Another thought: Ask your SC dream figure the same thing you asked us. It will probably have plenty of ideas!
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2390

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Sep 2012 05:47

When I get a bunch of lucid dreams frequently I run out of things to do too. It's hard to imagine anybody being bored in a lucid dream, but it can happen. There is only so much fun and pleasure-seeking that can excite me before I get use to it and want a change of pace to interest me.

But if you haven't tried it, eating is fun and of course sexual fantasies, but everything can become boring if done too much.

Imagine if you lucid dreamed all the time 24/7? It would become as mundane as waking life. So even simply observing it would get boring after a while to.

Psychosanity wrote:Another thought: Ask your SC dream figure the same thing you asked us. It will probably have plenty of ideas!

I asked a person in my lucid dream what I should do once and they said, "nothing." Perhaps doing nothing is actually the best thing to do when you get bored in a lucid dream. It won't be long before something happens and sparks your interest.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 14 Sep 2012 06:01

HAGART wrote:Imagine if you lucid dreamed all the time 24/7?

I think we may be, and it's actually easy for me to imagine that. Also wondering if we are doing something similar to lucid dreaming in waking life with the help of everyone else VS. by ourselves. Maybe after we leave here it will be another form of shared lucid dreaming. Makes sense to me.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”