Weird meditation experience

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Bleekman117

Weird meditation experience

Postby Bleekman117 » 11 Sep 2012 03:32

So I just got finished with a meditation session and right at the end I was in a deep meditative state and all of the sudden my arms unconsciously jumped from my side to my chest(I was laying down) and my eyes shot open. No idea why this happened and I definitely didn't do this of my own free will.
Just curious if anything like this has happened to anybody else?
The mind is a beautiful thing

alppdcjr12

Re: Weird meditation experience

Postby alppdcjr12 » 11 Sep 2012 23:05

I've never had that happen before; is there any more information you can give? Just going from body language, the arms-to-chest movement suggests you're feeling vulnerable and trying to protect yourself, but this could be wrong since I didn't see it happen--the kind of motion might suggest something different if I saw it. I wouldn't worry about it; it's probably just a knee-jerk or in this case arm-jerk (hee hee) reaction to a sensation. Next time you're meditating, if it happens again, pay closer attention and see what the cause is. But it probably won't happen again; I think weird things like that just happen from time to time.
"Life is that which dreams are made on, and is rounded by a sleep."
-Prospero, Shakespeare's "The Tempest"
Check out my lucid dreaming blog: www.rememberawake.com

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 12 Sep 2012 04:29

Yea, I'm not really worried about what it meant or why it happened, it just never happened to me before so i decided I'd share it and see if anyone else has had similar experiences :)
The mind is a beautiful thing

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 13 Sep 2012 11:05

I think you just had an extreme experience of a hypnic jerk.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”