What is the furthest anyone has travelled in a Lucid Dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jack Reacher

What is the furthest anyone has travelled in a Lucid Dream?

Postby Jack Reacher » 13 Sep 2012 07:56

By this I mean in terms of what we know about space.

For me I flew into space and then tried to fly into the milky ways black hole, along the way I sucked into this weird dream tunnel and got mesmerised by it, lost lucidity.

So it just occured to me, how far could you really go, outside the milky way?

If you were to fly outsid the milkyway, you would eventually fly outside our Local Cluster of galaxies, and then you would fly outside our Super Cluster of galaxies. If you happen to believe in Multiverse Theory, you could possibly fly into another universe, however your subconscious wouldnt know what to expect ( or maybe it would) so what would happen there is interesting.

Those who believe in M- Theory I guess would see all those M Branes flying around and could fly into them, would be interesting.

So anyway back on topic, how far have you gone, if you have gone space exploring?
PS Note that by space exploring you are exploring what you know or think about space I guess.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Peter

Re: What is the furthest anyone has travelled in a Lucid Dre

Postby Peter » 13 Sep 2012 08:10

If I said I was outside of our galaxy how would I know I was. I dont what is there and so would have no reference to use ? if I coujured up a star, say a nice binary set and looked at it again am I here or there? :D
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 13 Sep 2012 08:37

Tricky stuff. The way space exploration works for me is to simply think about travelling to space, or will myself, hell just imagine being where I want to go. I think the act of imagining flying outside the milkyway is the same thing as flying outside the milkyway in a dream. So basically if you thought to yourself, I want to fly outside the milkyway and imagined what it would be like, well you would know you are there wouldnt you?

For me it would be like looking at milkyway from above and zooming out and then seeing a bunch of galaxies in my vision. I guess an interesting way to structure this experiment is like this.

Start off looking at the ground outside and just zoom out, eventually you will be outside your town, your country, you will then outside earth. Keep zooming outside until you are outside of the solar system, then eventually you will be outside the milkyway, and finally you will get to the superclusters. I did this mentally the other day in waking state to try think about things in perspective. It seems absurd that earth contains the only life once you fully imagine it all, but thats another topic.

It is said that our limits to the dreamworld are the limits of our imagination so I guess another way of wording all this is, what are the limits of our imagination, in principle?

Peter

Postby Peter » 13 Sep 2012 09:57

Agree, the only limit is in the way we think and what we impose on ourselves so removing these boundaries is a good start. I dont think the end goal is as important as having a go at something different. I have not been into space for a long time, might be good time to go watch some stars being born.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 13 Sep 2012 21:19

Lucidly, I've only gotten as far as the edge of the atmosphere. As i flew upwards, the sky began to darken (probably because i was expecting to see 'space'). Then i decided to skydive back to earth :P
Dreaming is my drug

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 14 Sep 2012 04:04

Unfortunately I'm not much interested in personally travelling in out space, so around the earth is as far as I've gotten, even though I was captured by Greys, broke my hands to escape their restraints, killed them and took over their flying saucer, I only joy rides around the earth and went to places on the earth.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 14 Sep 2012 04:47

Fair enough, that brings up another idea, whats the furthest you can zoom in, I have yet to try this. By zoom in I mean look at the ground and instead of zooming out as you fly, fly into the ground and into its molecular structure, down to the atomic and then subatomic level. Would be interested how far we can go, or how we subconsciously interpret that level.

Peter

Postby Peter » 14 Sep 2012 05:44

I go inside solid rock far enough to be sitting in a vast cavern that I call crystal gardens.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”