I can't move or do anything...

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
HoneyCity001

I can't move or do anything...

Postby HoneyCity001 » 14 Sep 2012 12:51

Today (14th September 2012), when I was having a nap, I dreamt myself in the same position as when I was sleeping. I realised I was dreaming and tried to move but was stuck. So I tried a reality check but he fingers wouldn't go through my palm. Then, I tried saying "Clarity now" but I could only whisper a low and hoarse whisper. What's the problem? :/

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Psychosanity

Re: I can't move or do anything...

Postby Psychosanity » 14 Sep 2012 16:35

Sounds like maybe you were not dreaming. It sounds like you probably started to, but kinda half woke up. Awake enough to be concsious, but not awake enough to shut off your REM atonia (sleep paralysis).

What happened right after this event? Is it unclear what happened next?
If so, that's because you fell back to sleep.
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2390

HoneyCity001

Postby HoneyCity001 » 17 Sep 2012 14:46

Well, what happened afterwards was that I panicked because this kind of dreams scare me, so I forced myself to wake up. I remember opening my eyes and seeing my actual real-life bedroom, so how could I be half-asleep? I'm so confused. :s

James

Postby James » 20 Sep 2012 20:35

Sounds like sleep paralasys, the first main step of a WILD. You wern't asleep. Look up WILD

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Was it worth it?

MrFlux

Postby MrFlux » 21 Sep 2012 23:34

It sounds like sleep paralysis to me as well. The important thing is to NOT panic. If you panic you will wake up. Also it makes you afraid to try again. If you cannot get rid of the fear it might mean you are not ready for lucid dreaming or astral projection. We face our fears during these experiences. It is important not to be afraid. That is part of our progress toward greater spirituality.

Also negative thinking can lead to nightmares and scary sleep paralysis (hypnagogic) experiences. So work on positive thinking and positive affirmations throughout each day.
For Binaural and Isochronic beat videos for Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection, Study and Focus and More.

Karmic Beats http://www.youtube.com/user/MrKlawdek

HoneyCity001

Postby HoneyCity001 » 25 Sep 2012 09:58

Thanks for responding!

So one of the important things about lucid dreaming is to stay calm? OK..but, the weird thing is, I'm kind of afraid of my own mind. I mean, it's like when in normal dreams, I can remember a few dreams when I thought everything was so weird that I got scared. Please tell me how to not be afraid of my own dreams. Oh yeah, and maybe you could suggest a positive statement? I'm sorry, I'm only 11. But I really want a lucid dream.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Sep 2012 16:21

I always recommend that people try to prepare themselves a little bit when attempting WILD so they don't freak out during the process which most of us have done. It can be very disorienting, but if you know what to expect it's easier to make it through. Do as much reading as you can about it.

As far as postive statements goes, you can use affirmations such as: "My dreams are good. My dreams are helping me. My dreams are healing me, etc." Dreams function more on beliefs than desires so use affirmations in the present tense and work on believing what you think. Instead of thinking "I would like to have a lucid dream" or even better "my next dream will be a lucid dream" Think "I am lucid dreaming" or "I have become a lucid dream". Instead of desiring to be somewhere, put yourself there in your imagination.

Good luck and let us know when you have your first lucid dream. I'm very curious to know how real your lucid dreams are and if age has anything to do with that. My lucid dreams are exact duplicates of waking life down to the touch so I'd like to know if you experience lucid dreams that way. Just curious to know if it's a matter of having more experience practicing creating reality.

Happy lucid dreaming!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”