Think I had my first WBTB

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
nightflyt

Think I had my first WBTB

Postby nightflyt » 09 Jul 2011 05:41

I work nights so when i sleep, its usually 7am to about 2:30 to 3:00PM. Well, this morning before i went to sleep, i did my usual routine of listening to the free sample of binaural beats from the Unexplainable store and concetrating on making my plan for what i wanted to lucid dream about. I woke up at about 1 in the afternoon and could recall the dream i had but it wasnt lucid. So, i laid there and meditated on lucid dreaming and thought that i would buy a copy of Isochronic beats to see if this would help and fell back to sleep again. Almost instantly, as far as i could tell i dropped right into a lucid dream this time. I know this because i said to myself that i am dreaming and started to immediately develop the world that i wanted to explore. If i understand correctly, this is know as a Wake Back To Bed result. It only lasted for about 30 seconds then i lost the lucidity of it. What i discoverd is that once you obtain lucidity you also have to maintain it. I just think i need more practice and experiance in this field like anything in life to get better at it. Your comments are most welcome.

Peter

Re: Think I had my first WBTB

Postby Peter » 09 Jul 2011 05:45

Wicked and yes it sounds like WBTB entry. You know you can achieve this now so just do what you are doing to get there and expect it to work. It won’t always happen but when it does try to keep the emotions down until the LD stabilizes.
Enjoy

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

nightflyt

Postby nightflyt » 09 Jul 2011 05:49

You hit that right on the head though. EMOTIONS. I was come to think of it. Very excited about realizing that i was lucid. I thought that that was just part of the dream bcause without being lucid, we do experiance emotion in our dreams. So what you are saying is that my excitment could have dropped me out of lucidity??????

Peter

Postby Peter » 09 Jul 2011 06:30

Yes without doubt. Its a balance and to put in some context (my opinion only) the state is more of quiet pride in your acheivement rather that ego driven reactions. This is not ment to be a slur on you just a way to express the extreme excitment that comes the first few times and how that will ping you out. I find it easier think about anything if I go way left and way right as it makes it the next move clear. In saying this I will sing, laugh and be very extreme in a LD now but this has taken time and the entry and stablizing the LD state are a skill to work on

peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 11 Jul 2011 15:15

Excitement of realizing you are LD is pretty much guaranteed your first LD experience, and pretty much guaranteed to wake you! Congrats!

Return to “For Beginners”