Floating before going to sleep?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
99 lives

Floating before going to sleep?

Postby 99 lives » 16 Sep 2012 02:06

Last night, when i was trying to go to sleep, I slowly began to feel as though i was floating, it began quite gently and, in slowly increasing pulses, i began to feel like i was floating. I felt like i could just float out of my body at any minute, and i wasn't seeing any hypnagogic imagery, and i was still fully awake. Suddenly something changed, and the pulses of floating changed to a consistent sensation, I got quite exited, as i haven't had a lucid dream yet, and i though this could be my first. unfortunately, my heartbeat was racing i was so exited. i lost the sensation and wasn't able to get back to it that night. Has anyone else felt something like this, or know about it?

Jack Reacher

Re: Floating before going to sleep?

Postby Jack Reacher » 16 Sep 2012 02:53

I have had this twice, and I miss it. Its a nice feeling, it usually occurs when I listen to Binaural Beats and lieing flat on my back isntead of on my side, I dont sleep like that anymore so maybe I should...

Not exactly sure what its called or what causes it, someone else might do a better job there.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Return to “For Beginners”