Hi! :)

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Hi! :)

Postby alithedreamer » 16 Sep 2012 17:37

I'm Alicia and I'm from Spain. I'm fifteen and I noticed about this forum by a friend. I found out about lucid dreaming when my brother started trying it, I didn't try it then. But, a few months after that, some friends and I talked about it, and I decided to start trying.

I started writing a dreaming journal and doing reality checks. It worked, I had two lucid dreams. They were short, but it's a start.

I went on a trip out of town this summer, and the truth is that it's more difficult to keep the habit of doing reality checks since I came back. So, I would aprecciate any advice for keep lucid dreaming or any technique that could work for me.

Thank you. (Sorry for my bad english)

Re: Hi! :)

Postby Sir_Serix » 16 Sep 2012 18:19

Hi Alicia, nice to meet you ;)
Two lucid dreams at start is nod bad at all, and in the future you'll start to know how to make dreams last longer. Hope you like the forum,and don't forget to post your dreams if you want :D

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 16 Sep 2012 20:23

Hey welcome to the forums. I personally dont bother with reality checks I feel they are too tedious and dont work nearly enough to make it worth it, but thats just my experience. Dream recording however I found to be useful simply because its nice to have a good dream recall and I find after a while my dreams become more vivid, so its not as frustrating as reality checks because you do see results.

In my opinion you should jump straight into the "advanced" techniques and just play around with those instead of just hoping you become lucid. I will outline my personal strategy.

Usually I will get up everyday at 7 am and go to uni, but on Sunday I will get up at 5 am and do the Wake Back to Bed technique (WBTB), basically my alarm wakes me up and I get out of bed for a bit then go back to sleep and try do a Wake Initiated Lucid Dream (WILD). Usually my mind is aware enough to concentrate on the imagery and hypnogogia so I can get a lucid dream. Whether this works or not helps for part 2.

The next day I will set my alarm for 7 as usual but because of the early start of the previous day I will naturally become more aware around 6 without the alarm. If I wake up and dont open my eyes or move I can usually slip into a lucid dream like this.

So for you, look at your weekly schedule and try and fit your own strategy around that, this way you dont get too frustrated when you fail.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Postby HoneyCity001 » 17 Sep 2012 15:22

Jack Reacher->A dream recall makes dreams more vivid?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Postby Sir_Serix » 17 Sep 2012 19:59

HoneyCity001 wrote:Jack Reacher->A dream recall makes dreams more vivid?

Yes,as you 'record' them you remember it better, the more you record, the more you remember, and the more you remember, the more detail you have

Return to “For Beginners”