So Far, So Good?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
BayBeeDreamer

So Far, So Good?

Postby BayBeeDreamer » 17 Sep 2012 20:22

Right, I have been reading/researching information on lucid dreaming for just over two weeks now. :lol:

I know it could take up to, or even over a month for me to have my first lucid dream, But I want to know if what I am doing, is right.

When I first started trying to lucid dream (about a week ago), I was hopeless at remembering my dreams. :oops:

Since then, I have kept a dream journal, I listen to binaural beats each night for about 15 minutes to help relax, and before I go to sleep, I repeat "When I wake up, I will remember my dreams" until I fall asleep. For the past 3 days, I have remembered at least 3 dreams each night in great/vivid detail.
I do daily reality checks (count my fingers, hold my nose, look for my unique freckle on my finger and study my surroundings) :D

I don't wake up in the night to write my dreams out, because I remember them in the morning, and I usually cant get back to sleep. But if I do wake up, I usually voice record my dreams, and then write them out when I get up. Usually the dream just comes flooding back so I don't even need to use the recording to write it out.

I was wondering, how long it will be until I start to notice my dream signs? Is it different for every person, or is there a general number of dreams you need before you start to notice them? I have recorded about 9 so far and they are very random/ strange :?

Thanks for your help!

Sorry for such a long post :|

Sweet dreams :mrgreen:
"You might have seen a housefly, maybe even a superfly, but I bet you ain’t never seen a donkey fly." (Unless you were lucid dreaming!)

Return to “For Beginners”