New Wannabe Lucid Dreamer with questions!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
chisox8

New Wannabe Lucid Dreamer with questions!

Postby chisox8 » 15 Sep 2012 12:57

Hey everybody. I just started getting interested in Lucid Dreaming a couple of days ago. I have known about it for about 6 months, but haven't started really trying until a few days ago.
Anyway, I want to get lucid dreaming as fast as possible, and I think I'm using all the good techniques (I have a small leather book that I write down dreams in, my dream journal, and I've started to do reality checks regularly) so I just have some questions.

1. What is the fastest way to start Lucid Dreaming as a beginner?

2. Everybody says that the key to lucid dreaming is realizing you're in a dream. Everything I read always says to, "check something, look in a mirror, do a reality check" in the dream or something to get yourself lucid. The problem is, I can't ever check something, because I never have the slightest bit of control and every dream I have is always pretty blurry and never that vivid.
Even when I'm doing something I could never do in real life, and I know I couldn't do (in my dream last night, my body bent at an extreme angle, one I have tried to do in real life, and I said to myself in the dream "wait, how am I doing this, I know this isn't possible...", but I didn't go lucid...) I just wanted to know what I could do to make these problems not happen any longer.

Thanks for your help. If i have anymore questions, I won't hesitate to ask. This looks like a great community!

NAIAD

Re: New Wannabe Lucid Dreamer with questions!

Postby NAIAD » 15 Sep 2012 15:40

chisox8 wrote:Hey everybody. I just started getting interested in Lucid Dreaming a couple of days ago. I have known about it for about 6 months, but haven't started really trying until a few days ago.
Anyway, I want to get lucid dreaming as fast as possible, and I think I'm using all the good techniques (I have a small leather book that I write down dreams in, my dream journal, and I've started to do reality checks regularly) so I just have some questions.

1. What is the fastest way to start Lucid Dreaming as a beginner?

2. Everybody says that the key to lucid dreaming is realizing you're in a dream. Everything I read always says to, "check something, look in a mirror, do a reality check" in the dream or something to get yourself lucid. The problem is, I can't ever check something, because I never have the slightest bit of control and every dream I have is always pretty blurry and never that vivid.
Even when I'm doing something I could never do in real life, and I know I couldn't do (in my dream last night, my body bent at an extreme angle, one I have tried to do in real life, and I said to myself in the dream "wait, how am I doing this, I know this isn't possible...", but I didn't go lucid...) I just wanted to know what I could do to make these problems not happen any longer.

Thanks for your help. If i have anymore questions, I won't hesitate to ask. This looks like a great community!

Good dream recall and frequent reality checks will go a long way to building up your awareness. In a dream, you may find yourself doing a reality check out of habit, and go lucid, or you may spontaneously go lucid. You might want to try a technique called MILD to increase your chances of lucidity, Rebecca has an article about it: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/mnemonic-induction-of-lucid-dreams.html

chisox8

Re: New Wannabe Lucid Dreamer with questions!

Postby chisox8 » 18 Sep 2012 00:11

OK, thanks!

Return to “For Beginners”