Using Outside stimuli to Help Induce Lucid Dreaming

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Notoriou

Using Outside stimuli to Help Induce Lucid Dreaming

Postby Notoriou » 18 Sep 2012 06:12

I have been thinking about this for a while, but if I were to take something and "link" it to the idea of lucid dreaming then if I were to stay aware of this object up until the moment of sleep, would it increase my chances of lucid dreaming? For example, I listen to music when falling asleep, so if I listen to one song while browsing lucid dreaming stuff, and then fall asleep to that song, would that help in any way?

Sir_Serix

Re: Using Outside stimuli to Help Induce Lucid Dreaming

Postby Sir_Serix » 02 Oct 2012 22:59

Notoriou wrote:I have been thinking about this for a while, but if I were to take something and "link" it to the idea of lucid dreaming then if I were to stay aware of this object up until the moment of sleep, would it increase my chances of lucid dreaming? For example, I listen to music when falling asleep, so if I listen to one song while browsing lucid dreaming stuff, and then fall asleep to that song, would that help in any way?

Well, that's my way of studying, relating everything to things that don't even make sense.
If you relate the music to,for example, a reality check, maybe you will get lucid with it.
I think it's called memory anchor?

bene2391

Re: Using Outside stimuli to Help Induce Lucid Dreaming

Postby bene2391 » 03 Oct 2012 03:11

Just a thought...

What if you recorded yourself saying "*your name*, you are dreaming." or something similar, and played it over and over while you were sleeping? You could try that, or just play something that your brain already associates with Lucid Dreaming. Maybe that would cause a Lucid Dream or at least a dream related to the sound you are playing.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”