11 Weeks... Still no lucid dream.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
tophergdavis

11 Weeks... Still no lucid dream.

Postby tophergdavis » 18 Sep 2012 01:29

I took some advice that I was given here and stopped stressing over having dreams and trying so hard for a week with no results. So, discouraged and exhausted from trying for so long, I took another week off; no reality checks, no journal, nothing... Despite vivid dreams every night, nothing anywhere near lucid :( . I feel like I have tried everything within my capability, and in every combination I can think of, all to no avail. I don't want to give up, but I honestly have no idea of where to go from here. Do I start from the beginning again? Do I jump back in full force after two weeks off? Or do I just put it to bed so to speak and totally clear it from my mind and hopefully be successful in a few months or next year even? Can anyone help?... :|

Tarpaulin

Re: 11 Weeks... Still no lucid dream.

Postby Tarpaulin » 18 Sep 2012 12:17

Hi,

As a general rule I have come to the realization that manifesting what you want is about expectation and emotion. You need to expect it to happen without the lightest doubt and you need to be excited and enthusiastic about it happening. the problem is that negative expectation is very easily instilled. If one perceives oneself to have failed at something the negative expectation of further failure is rapidly installed in the subconscious mind and it delivers just that. this of course spirals as further perceived failure consolidates the negative expectation.

if you suspect this may have happened to you then I would recommend the following. Set an objective simply to have vivid dreams and remember them in detail. you already know you can do this so it will work and build further positive emotion related to your dream work. Once you feel this has happened then start to read everything you can about other people's luck dreams - the aim is to build up the belief that lucid dreaming is experienced by a lot of people and is definitely attainable. Once you've done this begin again on practicing techniques to attain it yourself.

I hope this helps.

tophergdavis

Postby tophergdavis » 18 Sep 2012 15:42

Thank! That makes a lot of sense. I was actually telling my wife the same thing last night about just about a different issue that she is dealing with. I guess I need to listen to my own advice... LOL. Thanks ill give it a try and post my progress as I go. Wish me luck!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Tarpaulin

Postby Tarpaulin » 18 Sep 2012 16:57

good luck

tophergdavis

Postby tophergdavis » 18 Sep 2012 17:17

Thanks

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”