Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sander

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Sander » 12 Sep 2012 20:35

NAIAD wrote:I've found that staying in the same position that I wake up in, and playing the dream back to front (so you can trace what caused what) really helps.

ok, but the problem is that there's no dream to play back to front...
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

NAIAD

Postby NAIAD » 13 Sep 2012 19:55

Sander wrote:
NAIAD wrote:I've found that staying in the same position that I wake up in, and playing the dream back to front (so you can trace what caused what) really helps.

ok, but the problem is that there's no dream to play back to front...

It can be hard to remember sometimes. I try to lay still for a few minutes without falling back to sleep and details may pop up in my head, and most times I can piece together other parts of the dream. I automatically wake up after all my dreams now, which I suppose helps a lot.

Sander

Postby Sander » 15 Sep 2012 19:56

ok i'm going to try this question again, since no one has ever answered it so far: what is the best time to take a vitaminB6 pill if you want to make oyur dreams more vivid and memorable? right before you go to bed, or after a few hours of sleep?
Free Your Mind.

Mr.Lucid

Postby Mr.Lucid » 15 Sep 2012 21:46

From what I've read, take Lucid Dream pills after 6-7 hours of sleep, then go back to bed.

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 16 Sep 2012 20:40

Actually, you enter your longest phases of REM sleep after 4.5 hours, so anything after that would be fine. But I'm not so sure that B6 is the best to use to improve dream vividness. B6 is a vitamin more for dream recall; it improves your waking memory. Try and get your hands on some gelantamine(spelling) and choline. Those will be better for helping to improve dream vividness rather than B6.
The mind is a beautiful thing

LenaCs94

Postby LenaCs94 » 19 Sep 2012 01:20

I'm not sure if this is been asked about before if it is, can someone please link me? :)
Anyway.. I've been trying to have a lucid dream since the beginning of 2012, when I suddenly had a spontaniously LD without "training", at all.. So I've worked hard since then, (I have a dream diary and all), but I still don't see flashes and patterns in the Hypnagogia state. I'm not even sure I've ever reached that stage.. Some of my friend say that they see patterns and such when they roll their eyes bakwards when eyes closed, but I don't understand how it feels like. Personally I think I have a very poor foundation when it comes to visualizing in the first place, even the easyest forms is hard to visualize. I'm much better at sounds for instance.. Is there some trick you can teach me about the hypnagogian state or will I never be able to astral project or have a LD?

In advance, thanks! :)
Look forward to the future, but do not forget to live in the present!

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 20 Sep 2012 05:52

Experiencing hypnogogia is not a requirement for lucid dreaming. Some people see it, some people don't, plain and simple. Don't worry about it.
If your a beginning LDer, I wouldn't worry too much about visualizing or anything. Go to the main site and look up the MILD technique. That is the best for beginners.

Sander

Postby Sander » 20 Sep 2012 18:39

question about medidation.

i've been meditating for a month and a half or something and i'm using isochronic ones to do so. I've read that mediation is a good way to incubate a LD, but how do you do it? I usually focus on the sounds in my headphones and try to make my mind blank. What should i be doing during meditation to incubate a LD?
Free Your Mind.

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 21 Sep 2012 01:35

Once you feel yourself get to that "zen" state mentally(aka very relaxed and clear of mind) think about a lucid dream you would like to have. Play it out through your mind. What are you going to do? Where will you be? Will someone be with you? What does it feel like? Try and visualize as much detail as you can.

richie-D

Postby richie-D » 26 Sep 2012 17:16

hi, i am currently studying my degree in psychology and the subject came up a couple of months ago i spoke to my tutor and told him that lucid dreaming greatly facinated me, he recomended this particular website and if im honest ive found it extensivley helpful but i thought i would learn as much as i possibly could about this subject before attempting it, however im affraid the temptations were too great and i tryed it anyway :? i found that when attempting a WILD i couldnt concentrate for long enough to induce the dream any tips?

Return to “For Beginners”