Was I lucid or clear dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
erichsa

Was I lucid or clear dreaming?

Postby erichsa » 18 Sep 2012 15:04

My dream. I was at a familiar beach on top was a huge crater deep and about 500 metres across. I thought a good place to fly and started to fly to the other side, in the midle I became aware that I was dreaming. I shouted I am dreaming and Awarness now.Nothing dramatic did hapen, and I flew on landed at the house I started from. A bunch of kids about 6 to 12 years said, that will be fun to fly like you do, can we also do it? I said: If you are sure that when you are jumping off that you will fly you can also do it. Only you will know and be certain. But only jump if you are sure,it is a deep fall. Next I saw 5 kids flying and having fun. It was a long dream, i will shorten it. The parents thought it was great. I told them your kids made history. The first 5 kids who did know if I can do it so can they, and did it I left them late and in darkness flew towards my dream home town. Now for me was I lucid when I know I was dreaming, and decided to land at that house? I have a lot of great clear dreams and trying to remember that I am dreaming, in this I know at last that I was dreaming. Please I only want answers from people who realy know "This is lucid or clear dream"
:D

lumencryster

Re: Was I lucid or clear dreaming?

Postby lumencryster » 19 Sep 2012 03:25

i am not sure if i can help, but let me try to with an experience of my own.

this morning i had a lucid dream of my own. i did some things i would have done if i had a lucid dream, i began exploring my dream world and taking everything in. unfortunately i had a false awakening in the middle of it. i lost pretty much all lucidity, but still had the idea that i was dreaming. after that my dreams were mixed up with normal dreams and more false awakenings. i remember thinking about the memory of my lucid dream and it seemed so much more vague with each false awakening. it was a cycle of letting myself dream normally and trying to wake up, but failing into an FA. the important thing is that what i remember is that feeling i had, the feeling of knowing i was lucid and trying to process what was going on(i haven't had a lucid dream since i was a kid, probably about 10 years ago, until today). i remembered the very feeling of knowing i was dreaming and maybe three or four things that happened while lucid. after i woke up was when i was the most unsure about whether i was actually lucid. i can't explain this feeling to anybody, it is completely internal. so what i'm trying to say is knowing you're lucid is up to you. i may be wrong, but if you put in the effort you will only continue to grow. also, you say you were aware that you were dreaming in the middle of flying and that's what lucid dreaming is, the awareness. sorry about the long post, but i hope i helped

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 19 Sep 2012 05:51

lumencryster wrote:this morning i had a lucid dream of my own. i did some things i would have done if i had a lucid dream, i began exploring my dream world and taking everything in. unfortunately i had a false awakening in the middle of it. i lost pretty much all lucidity, but still had the idea that i was dreaming. after that my dreams were mixed up with normal dreams and more false awakenings. i remember thinking about the memory of my lucid dream and it seemed so much more vague with each false awakening. it was a cycle of letting myself dream normally and trying to wake up, but failing into an FA. the important thing is that what i remember is that feeling i had, the feeling of knowing i was lucid and trying to process what was going on

I just had a very similar experience to this yesterday and it gets a little more difficult to recognize as a lucid dream. I woke up and knew that I had a lucid dream for sure because I distinctly remember becoming lucid and making decisions and also touching thinsg and how they felt. But the lucid dream was something like 3 dreams ago when I woke up so it wasn't as easy to remember, and yes there was at least one FA in there so it gets more difficult. Anyway, I recommend making mental notes when you're lucid and telling yourself to remember certain things. That helps me anyway.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

alppdcjr12

Postby alppdcjr12 » 21 Sep 2012 16:45

By "clear," are you referring to the Tibetan dream yoga concept of a "clear light" dream? Because that is very different; you were lucid, but a clear light dream does not involve illusion. You aren't "dreaming" in the conventional sense. Your awareness is just sitting calmly without needing to visualize anything or explore the data in your mind.
"Life is that which dreams are made on, and is rounded by a sleep."
-Prospero, Shakespeare's "The Tempest"
Check out my lucid dreaming blog: www.rememberawake.com

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”