Waking up Too Early

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
AngelDreams

Waking up Too Early

Postby AngelDreams » 02 May 2011 21:36

Sometimes I feel like some of my most valuable time to be in a lucid state right before I wake up is cut short because of my internal body clock. I always wake up at the same time every morning and sometimes I try to extend my dream but I can't because it's like a silent alarm goes off. Any advice on being able to do lengthen it?

Wolvendeer

Re: Waking up Too Early

Postby Wolvendeer » 02 May 2011 21:57

Not unless you want to remove it completely, in which case you can just ignore it and it will eventually go away. I find, however, that when you wake up 'early' like that, you can make the best of the situation by meditating and pretending to dream. Just continue the dream from where it left off or start a new dream. If you are lucky, you will WILD into the dream, but even if you don't, these early morning meditations are usually very fun.

maya

Postby maya » 12 May 2011 15:49

I'd give anything to have an early internal clock.. (well not anything, since i love sleeping in sometimes)
My body wakes up at midday right on the dot if i don't use an alarm clock. I've even had a sleep clinic test me on why i sleep so long..

You wouldn't want to mess with the bio clock too much. Be strict with it. If you want to change it, be specific how much longer you want to train your body to sleep in and not a minute more.

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 12 May 2011 21:26

Wolvendeer has a good idea there with the meditation.

Have you tried staying up later?

Dreamsphere

Postby Dreamsphere » 17 May 2011 20:53

I wonder why I sleep so long, too... I feel like a Panda sometimes! I'm afraid I can't offer advice, as I have the opposite problem in a way... I usually just go back to sleep, new dream and all.
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

philipsteele

Postby philipsteele » 25 Jun 2011 09:43

i am also facing these..but i am enjoying more....because i can see more dreams....... :?

mikeflat

Postby mikeflat » 13 Jul 2011 12:45

Dreaming is a very good thing. I also used to dream while sleeping but, it makes me little lazier as i get up late in the morning and my tasks going on the late run.
So i have decided not to be late on the bed. Meditation and some morning exercises are very good for the body which fits me for the whole day activities. If sometime i want to sleep more or unable to wake up early then i have a solution for that also. I am using a shame alarm application from apple store, that hits me in the morning and i will not get too long sleep. If anyone wants to try this, then download it from the shamealarm dot com.

Return to “Sleep Disorders”