Share your 1st LD here! :D

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Darnzo

Re: Share your 1st LD here! :D

Postby Darnzo » 05 Sep 2012 14:55

I had my first dream last night ! It was short but and incredible feeling. I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep and telling myself 'I will fall asleep and I will become Lucid' Suddenly it went really dark and an image of a beach with a castle appeared. I was so happy and excited and started shouting im dreaming im dreaming... that caused my to wake up :P Oh well ill try again tonight :)

fistania

Postby fistania » 06 Sep 2012 16:45

wow your first LD was by WILD? :O

Darnzo

Postby Darnzo » 06 Sep 2012 18:31

Yeah why is it wrong or something ?

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 07 Sep 2012 00:26

no im pretty sure that is mild.

and no, wild is not wrong. it is just very hard for beginners. i havent even done it yet.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Darnzo

Postby Darnzo » 07 Sep 2012 06:26

Yeah call it whatever you want to call it i havent done it again since. I always fall asleep and start dreaming and its so annoying in the morning cause i knew i was about to dream and yet i just let go of myself :P

moik

Postby moik » 09 Sep 2012 10:06

Just over 2 weeks since I started attempting to get lucid, and I've just had my first bona fide lucid dream!
I had a few teasers previously (http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2277).

Last night my partner was away, so I thought it was a good opportunity to try WBTB - after 6 hours of sleep I woke to wash the dishes from the day before, then went back to bed.
I had a few normal dreams, but kept trying MILD each time I stirred.
Then - success!

It started in a dream where I was driving through my parents' home town, and at one point I came off the road onto the pavement (where a car wouldn't fit) - so I thought "this is probably a dream".
The car vanished, I turned around and saw myself, sort of mirroring my movements (is that normal?), and that's when I knew it was a dream. I looked at my hands, and span around gently to try to take in the scene. My 'clone' never appeared again.
Then I hurried over to a woman walking along the road and, not wanting to shout too excitedly, I whispered excitedly "I'm dreaming!", to which she smiled and replied "I know, we all do" - that's when I realised that lucid dreaming was going to be fun :D

I walked across the street and said to some other people "This is my first proper lucid dream", although they didn't react much.
I followed a group of dream characters somewhere and arrived inside a building. Hearing some music, I went into a huge room with a kind of funfair in the middle - bright lights, loud noises etc.
Looking away, then back again, the funfair disappeared. I was a bit annoyed by that, but realised that I should be able to bring it back - so I looked away, looked back again and it had returned.

I was conscious of needing to keep myself lucid, so I clapped my hands, which seemed to work ok.
Reaching the far corner of the room I didn't really know what to do, so I thought getting off the ground would be a good start. I found it easy enough to float upwards (despite bumping off the walls a bit), although in going higher I was getting above the funfair into the darkness of the roof, and I found it hard to stay focussed in the darkness. I clung onto a beam and saw that my hands were strangely swollen, which I didn't really like. :? I decided that I needed to get down to the ground again, so I floated back down and into the light.

After that I didn't have much control - I seemed to want to find one of my dream characters, but I didn't know her name. Aspects from some of my earlier dreams crept in (a map of eastern Europe, and a competition to win a trip somewhere, but the questions were in some celtic language I didn't know).
I pretty much decided to wake up.

James

Postby James » 20 Sep 2012 22:14

"I'm dreaming!", to which she smiled and replied "I know, we all do"
Haha XD
I'll remember that... :D

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Was it worth it?

Psychosanity

Postby Psychosanity » 21 Sep 2012 14:28

Ok, well I finally got lucid last nite (at least some of the time)...this will be a long one, here goes:

Non-Lucid: I'm at a party. 2 people I know, the rest I don't. At first it's only a handful of us, soon we are all packed shoulder to shoulder and I'm irritated. I'm trying to get to the door when the dream kinda fades away...but I'm still sort of asleep (or maybe fully asleep), everything is black, but somehow I know I was just dreaming and feel like I can pop into another one. I can't explain this...I have ZERO experience WILDing or anything, but I just felt like I could. Perhaps I was still dreaming in a way, I don't know.

Anyway, I figure I will visualize some scene and see if I can pop into it (I am a terrible visualizer, and can never really picture much of anything, so it's strange that I just "felt" that I could pull this off, but I DID feel like I could). As soon as I had the thought to visualize a scene, one just popped in my head! I didn't visualize anything, it just was there in my head. Some unfamiliar room! I couldn't see it, just kinda feel it...and knew I was lying in bed, all black, but could just sense this room. I knew that I could "open my eyes" and I'd be there. So I did, and I was!!!

Now this part (and lots of others) are a little fuzzy but I started feeling everything, to ground myself. I think I lost lucidity right away though. Next thing I remember I am outside in an alley. There's a bum in the grass, and again, I remember I am dreaming. I do a reality check. Some of my fingers are different colors! Ok good! I start feeling things again, and I hold on to some degree of lucidity this time. First thing, a tiny little badger-like creature runs up, jumps onto my wrist and bites me and latches onto my wrist like a watch. It hurts, but no big deal. I try to make it vanish. Nope. Try to shake it off. No dice. Ok, screw it he can stay. (I am still lucid, but fuzzy. Not thinking clearly.)

Don't like the alley or this damn badger-thing...so I'm gonna find a portal. I start walking around and looking for something I can use as a portal. Soon I find something. Clearly, it is a teleporter built into the brick wall. (way to take me literally, SC!) I jump in and the thing powers up. I don't think of anywhere particular to go (lucid but fuzzy) and poof! I go...

I am in a two room apartment (sans-badger), second floor, and feeling much more lucid. I can still describe this place in painstaking detail (I'll spare you), but there's no way out except a window. There's a mirror too, and, of course, I look. No disfigurement or anything, just kinda like a funhouse mirror, and everytime I look away and look again, It's a little different. Nothing big though, so I move on.

Soon, the owners come home (again, Im fuzzy now...my lucidity is coming and going). I feel I have to escape, the people who live here are home! (This seems like a non-lucid thought to me) But I know I can just jump out this high window and float down (because I know I'm dreaming, a lucid thought!) so somehow I am both lucid and non-lucid simultaneously. The rest of the dream happens in this strange dual state.

I jump out the window and float on down, and run away. Next thing I remember I'm in a mall. I'm feeling everything again (this is what I've been planning to do in my first LD, to ground myself in the dream). I start walking around and I'm noticing all the detail. Hundreds of people, all different, all unique. This amazes me. I'm screaming in everyone's face "This is AMAZING!!". I even remember one guy in a wheelchair, I can remember what he was wearing, what he looked like. Incredible!

Soon, I'm at the door of what appears to be a biker bar (in the mall?!) For some reason I have a handful of nails. I drop one and it rolls inside the biker bar. Huge, tough biker picks it up and puts it on the table with HIS pile of nails. Um...shit. I am not gonna ask this huge biker for my nail back! He'll just beat me up!

I start to walk away, but he calls me back...and gives me my nail back. Turns out he is very nice and pleasant. So now I've still got my handful of nails...and I feel the dream fading. NO!!!

I wake up...in my room, with a handful of nails. I throw them on the bed thinking "WTF? How did I bring these back from my dream?! Oh, I must still be dreaming!" So, I walk up the stairs toward the light so I can look at my hands...too many fingers to count!! False awakening, but for some reason, even with the reality check, I never really felt lucid here.

Ok, now upstairs is still my house, but not my family. There's a black family living here (my family is white) and the damn badger is back on my wrist. The family is doing dishes and there are about 1000 mugs hanging everywhere drying. I hold my wrist up to the family's daughter, and the badger climbs off onto her shoulder as if he belongs to her. I go in the living room and Cee-Lo Green is in there (what, really?). He gets mad when I call him Cee-Lo and tells me to call him by his real name, which is "____" (can't remember now).

Not sure if I woke up right then, or dreamed a little more, but the next thing I know I'm awake and shaking with excitement. I think I only touched the surface of true lucidity (I only really felt AWAKE for very short, fleeting moments), but it's an exciting start!!

Sorry it's so long, but I wanted to get it all in here!! Everyone prepare for lots of questions elsewhere on the forum. I have a TON.

Thanks all for your support in helping me get this far!
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2390

Tomato

Postby Tomato » 22 Sep 2012 00:54

I also had my first dream from WILD... Last night. It wasn't such a big deal to me, since I have had a lot of experience with meditation and mental control, so it was a simple yet challenging task.
You tell that Mitt Romney bastard, If he screws with Big Bird, he screws with me.

James

Postby James » 23 Sep 2012 16:49

Tomato wrote:I also had my first dream from WILD... Last night. It wasn't such a big deal to me, since I have had a lot of experience with meditation and mental control, so it was a simple yet challenging task.

What was the dream about?

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Was it worth it?

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”