Possibly increase LDs in future?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
desertwolf181

Possibly increase LDs in future?

Postby desertwolf181 » 18 Sep 2012 03:55

Hi i am new to lucid dreaming and i still have not yet experienced my first LD. I was wondering if it would be possible to ask your subconscious to give you more lucid dreams in the nights to follow. also if while in the dream if it is possible to ask your subconscious to help you stay lucid for a longer duration.

If you have ever tried this or if you think it could work please leave a post in this thread.
But my question is what happens when you start to mess with the physics of it all?

lucidinthe sky

Re: Possibly increase LDs in future?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 18 Sep 2012 04:21

desertwolf181 wrote: I was wondering if it would be possible to ask your subconscious to give you more lucid dreams in the nights to follow. also if while in the dream if it is possible to ask your subconscious to help you stay lucid for a longer duration.

Yes it's possible to ask for these things and yes it does work. Before sleep, repeating phrases like "The next time I am dreaming, I will realize I'm dreaming" and "When I become lucid in my next dream I will..." have worked for me.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

alppdcjr12

Re: Possibly increase LDs in future?

Postby alppdcjr12 » 21 Sep 2012 18:29

Yes, anything you can to to solidify the intention to lucid dream with your conscious or unconscious mind will be extremely helpful.
"Life is that which dreams are made on, and is rounded by a sleep."
-Prospero, Shakespeare's "The Tempest"
Check out my lucid dreaming blog: www.rememberawake.com

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”