I has Question!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Tomato

I has Question!

Postby Tomato » 20 Sep 2012 01:25

I had my first lucid dream the other day. Well, sort of.
I tried the WILD technique because it appealed to me the most. I started to enter hypnagogia and I started to see stuff, I let it all wash over me while keeping my awareness. When I entered the dream I was sitting at a table and there were some other people sitting there too. They weren't saying anything. I said to myself "I'm dreaming", and I was aware of it. But the dream wasn't too vivid and I couldn't control anything besides myself. I woke up a few seconds later.

What happened? Did I do something wrong?
You tell that Mitt Romney bastard, If he screws with Big Bird, he screws with me.

Jack Reacher

Re: I has Question!

Postby Jack Reacher » 20 Sep 2012 02:45

Yeah thats a lucid dream, it just didnt have enough time to develop and get strong, you have to wait a bit before its fully vivid. Basically you did well to keep your awareness, but try not to change anything, just go with the flow and let the dreamscape get more and more vivid so it doesnt break down when you do take control.

There is a risk of losing your awareness by doing this but you can get it back, thats usually how I do it.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Tomato

Postby Tomato » 20 Sep 2012 22:30

Thanks, that all I needed to know :D
You tell that Mitt Romney bastard, If he screws with Big Bird, he screws with me.

MrFlux

Postby MrFlux » 21 Sep 2012 22:10

When that happens don't forget to log it in your dream journal. (Of course writing it here helps too ;) )
For Binaural and Isochronic beat videos for Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection, Study and Focus and More.

Karmic Beats http://www.youtube.com/user/MrKlawdek

Tomato

Postby Tomato » 22 Sep 2012 00:46

I actually haven't started my dream journal, being somewhat of a newbie to lucid dreaming. Looks like I'd better... I did have a (real) lucid dream last night, though. I found creating objects easy by closing my eyes and visualizing the dreamscape changing, willing it to be there, and when I opened them... it was there! It was the coolest thing ever... :shock:

Return to “For Beginners”