OBE to WILD

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Peter

OBE to WILD

Postby Peter » 13 Jul 2011 22:06

I had two experiences last night. First was relaxing and entering into an OBE and second the same but went to a LD after exit.
It was interesting as I have had a few of these lately and getting used to the subtle changes in body, feelings, temp, awareness and gentle pulling of the energy body from the physical body. The first event I got out and hit the floor, its odd as you hit the floor with a thump and as the awareness is a little different at this stage from a LD the floor is solid. (you expect to hit a floor when you fall out of bed and you do)
Next up is the awareness of my room and then a float around and out the wall. I spent a little time here, and it is a dark scene, night time as it should be. I checked behind me (never done this before) and seen the silver cord back to my body.
Came back, woke up, and mulled it over a little and then 2nd attempt.

Next up same, beginning to understand the feelings and process now. This time as the release was about to happen (the last bit to free is around the hips) I willed a roll and landed on my feet. Much better than a smack on the floor. I went out the glass doors this time. It was not like the walls, the walls give a tingle as you go through. The glass stretched and formed a bubble till it just gave way. (think another member made this same statement). Out and darkness. I asked or willed for light and was in a dream, a full lucid dream with all the control that goes with it. I did not check time for all of this but is was quite a while, I would guess close to an hour at least for this one. Did heaps and the dreams would make a big post. Again I looked around and seen my sliver thread or line back to my body.

So relax, leave body (OBE) decide to dream or enter LD and did and had fun.
Very cool and two events so repeatable

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

rdubya

Re: OBE to WILD

Postby rdubya » 14 Jul 2011 00:19

Peter! Awesome!

What did you do in this realm? Were you able to do any tests to the physical reality?

When did you enter this? After your sleep had started or before? Please give us any techniques you think helped you progress to this! Really happy for you. I am pretty sure a congratulations is in order too!

-Ryan

Peter

Postby Peter » 14 Jul 2011 01:07

In the first instance I just looked around the room (my room) and went outside and then returned.
In the second after exit it became a LD but I was aware of a link back to physical. I have never looked for this before so it could be normal I don’t know.
As far WR is concerned I met one friend that I had not seen for years and showed him around the places, towns, streets that were in the LD and asked him to remember this and contact me if he could recall anything, so just a contact and if it were to happen I don’t expect that it would be for anything more than an urge to contact that he could not define.
The second was a female that appeared to be a dreamer and she was saying that she was sort of aware of the place she was in but didn’t know what to do. I gave her flying lessons and took her into and through a few walls for fun.
I want to get more tuned into what it takes to get to this state and also see if I can make links to WR but really I feel no need to prove anything. I know WR is a reality and I know that LD, OBE transitions are a reality as well but if there are links they will appear in time.
How did I get there?
One key for me is the to set up the state for it to come to you. Someone else’s words here but the key is that you can’t "do" a WILD or OBE. You need to get to the state where you are receptive to what is there and let it present to you.
1 - become aware of your body. Just listen to it, feel your toes and move to your hands with a light awareness. Don’t think just let the feelings come and go to where you attention wants to go. You will lose feeling and gain awareness of weight, lightness, temp change
2- Lightly close eyes. Sometimes I am not sure if they are closed but just lightly close your eyes. Let something appear or imagine and object and just let it morph to whatever it wants. It will soon lose form and for me start pulsing in a small way. I get a blue pulse of light that then forms up and expands.
3-Dont go to sleep. If you do this is a great relaxation exercise and you may or may not dream.
About this time I will start to get a sense of my energy body forming out of me. It just starts to shift and I gain awareness of it a little bit away from me. There is no disconnect from physical to energy but it seems to form up a little away from me. Don’t panic. Again keep a detached interest in this and let it roll. If you get this far let me know and we will compare notes

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Peter

Postby Peter » 14 Jul 2011 01:09

And as usual I got sidetracked and didnt answer the first question.

I was fully awake during this process and never went to sleep at all before, during or after either time.

Peter

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 14 Jul 2011 01:33

Thanks for the help Peter. MANY people have described this cord who have had OBE experiences. I think I am getting closer to this, but i may be deterring myself because i seem too "awake" at times, like I am not ready to sleep. It is as if I lose that conscious awareness I will go to sleep, but if I keep that awareness it feels like I am wide awake and I think to myself I am not in a deep enough state. Perhaps I am, I will try to just go with it a bit more tonight. It's so frustrating when you become aware of a change and that alone removes you from the change, but I guess that is part of being a rookie.

I think for me as well it is not about proof of existence of these other realities, but perhaps as you said, if there is a link. Meaning can you bring practical uses from one reality to the other. I know meditation has sharpened my memory and thinking so I have no intention of stopping that...ever.. but if I can't find a practical use of these other realities for the physical reality, I may become less interested and seek them only for entertainment.

Thanks again Peter, I hope to share similar experiences soon to help move our progression!

edit:

I notice when I try to hard my eyes become strained because it is as if they are focusing on my minds eye, then when i remember to relax them and the rest of my body the flow starts to come back--

Peter

Postby Peter » 14 Jul 2011 01:45

I feel the act of simply dreaming and interacting in the dreams to be a benefit. In some way it gives a balance to WR like it is the other half and that is ok in its self.

I was out riding my bike (push bike) and wanting a way to describe the transition and got these thoughts.

Like 2 snowballs rolling down a hill, asleep and awake were beside each other just simply rolling. Aware of each other but disinterested as well, just politely keeping company. The end was near, a nice cliff to jump over and still they roll side by side with awake quietly keeping pace. The big moment arrives and this time instead of awake having melted with effort of trying to keep up they go over together. Asleep happy to have achieved the goal and awake just aware that this time it followed into the void.

Not the best of writers but the message is just let it flow

Peter

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 14 Jul 2011 15:18

I get what you are saying Peter. However, I think there is a chance it is not 2 snowballs. I think it can be more like a yin and yang ball! But in this ball, the yin and yang do not represent good vs evil, it is what is learned from the WR(yin, white) and what is learned from other realities(yang, black). When it begins to roll it looks as if it is a grey ball, but the ball itself knows it only appears like this because it is its yin and yang working together. Right now, we are trained to be only yin, we are working on reconnecting to the yang of our life to become a different, more complete, ball. Either way the ball will continue to roll, but the ball itself will be more balanced and happier if it combines all its abilities together as it rolls on through life.

Peter

Postby Peter » 14 Jul 2011 21:16

Yip.
The benefit is in the doing and the trying to do. Another way that I like to look at is from the point of view that even being conscious is a state that has to be achieved. When you wake up and snap into consciousness and this we have been trained to do soon after birth and in WR we now spontaneously attain consciousness on waking. The goal in LD or OBE is to learn to achieve this conscious state while moving into sleep. Sleep is also a very dumb term in what it describes but I can’t do better at this stage.
Consciousness is the common thread and interface to all states.

Peter

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 14 Jul 2011 22:29

I think I get what you are saying Peter. Perhaps sleep as we know it simply refers to not being conscious. There are times we all have experienced in which seems like a time gap, and you have no idea what you were just doing or any recollection of something done. This is like "sleeping" while awake in the WR. And sleep at night is simply your body resting, we just have been trained to turn "off" our conscious for this as well. So while our body rests in WR, this may not mean our conscious is supposed to be "off", we just have been trained for that.

Peter

Postby Peter » 15 Jul 2011 05:56

I think that when you first wake up you are not conscious but in the first instants you become conscious or the conscious state takes over and with this awareness arrives. You are then able to experience WR in the way that you do. On going to sleep you are in another realm that may or may not be internal. You are fully functioning at some level and like WR the interaction will be with your view of the world – you may not be fully aware of this (nightmares are your construct).
What we do in becoming aware in a LD (this term covers all states that are not WR and in which we are aware) is to be conscious of this state and then direct will to change some parts of this. No different that when you order food in WR, you think, you act and you are aware of doing so.
To call sleep just "sleep" and think that all it’s for is the physical body is like calling WR "not asleep"
Most people in their first years of life are aware in both realms; kids have playmates, fantasy friends, nightmares and a lot of signs of interaction. Some mental illnesses appear to be confusion on what state a person is in and they interact with one or more states at once.
All this is just my thoughts

Peter

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”