I cant visualize without opening my eyes

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Lucid Dreamer

I cant visualize without opening my eyes

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 22 Sep 2012 14:19

There you have it. when ever i attempt to visualize, the left corner of my left eye starts to open. this is really frustrating. does anyone have other techniques for wild or does this happen to you? thanks!
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Sir_Serix

Re: I cant visualize without opening my eyes

Postby Sir_Serix » 22 Sep 2012 20:48

Do it when you're very tired (try reading or making exercise) or practice visualization/meditation during daytime

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 22 Sep 2012 23:47

no. but its not like i am consciously waking up. i try to keep it closed but it is like as my eyes focus, my eyelid starts to open.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 25 Sep 2012 07:15

Lucid Dreamer wrote:no. but its not like i am consciously waking up. i try to keep it closed but it is like as my eyes focus, my eyelid starts to open.

Mine does that too. I also had my eyes rolling into the back of my head the other night which got crazy vibrations going. I think that was because of some marijuana though. Anyway, yes this happens to me too. I think its your body's reaction to the visualizations, its trying to open the eyes and see them for real I guess. I don't really know. It annoys me too.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

bomber694

Postby bomber694 » 26 Sep 2012 19:04

I sometimes have a similar problem when I feel I am close to going into a dream and I am just close to going in it my eyes start to open automaticly and I feel my eye lids shaking like in rem... I encounter this problem pretty often
http://www.LucidDreamingOnline.com

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 27 Sep 2012 07:32

bomber694 wrote:I feel my eye lids shaking like in rem... I encounter this problem pretty often

I've never felt the REM! Must be strange.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

beadietux

Postby beadietux » 05 Oct 2012 02:46

I read an interview with a lady (somewhere online) who actually visualizes with her eyes open and has WILDS. It's just super dark in her room and she focuses on a spot on the wall and zones out. I can see this happening because I can totally zone out while watching tv or just sitting there looking at the wall and be completely immersed in whatever is going on in my mind's eye and have no idea what I'm watching or reading or whatever because I'm not focused on it.

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 05 Oct 2012 12:54

but falling asleep with your eyes open i dont think would be very pleasant for me because i get dry eyes very easily. also, i think it would be harder because you would want to blink.

beadietux

Postby beadietux » 05 Oct 2012 14:33

Yeah, I definitely think you're going to blink...it's kind of like breathing...you just do it without noticing. And I don't think she fell asleep with her eyes open...i'll try to find the article. I think she just kept them open for most of the experience of putting her body to sleep.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”