is this the right way to do a WILD?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
SeanConn1

is this the right way to do a WILD?

Postby SeanConn1 » 23 Jul 2012 18:34

When trying to do a WILD, I can't really focus on my eyelids, so I tried just visualizing the dream scene from the start. I'm getting better, and I'm at the point where my body feels heavy then I can't feel it anymore, but I can't really "pop" into the dream. My real question is, is it my technique or me that is keeping me from getting s WILD?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Ryan

Re: is this the right way to do a WILD?

Postby Ryan » 24 Jul 2012 03:08

The technique is fine. It's what I call a Mental Rundown.

It's probably just you... you're probably not "allowing" yourself to move into the scene. Just keep focusing all of your attention towards the scene. Put all of your senses into it. :)

The more you do that, while ignoring the physical reality... the greater chance you'll shift.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 17 Aug 2012 01:22

this happens to me too. are there other techniques for wild that i have not heard about? the only one ive heard is the eyelid one.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 17 Aug 2012 22:36

Lucid Dreamer wrote:this happens to me too. are there other techniques for wild that i have not heard about? the only one ive heard is the eyelid one.

You can use ANY meditation technique in order to initiate a WILD.
Or join my forums!

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 19 Aug 2012 15:12

oh! can yout ell me a few? or maybe give me a link the the page here that explains about it?
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 19 Aug 2012 17:04

You can read my free eBook if you wish. I have a few methods in it.

You can download it from the link at the top of the following page: http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/xanths-phasing-primer/
Or join my forums!

alppdcjr12

Postby alppdcjr12 » 21 Sep 2012 16:56

Don't worry about it - the main point of a WILD is to maintain your focus as you fall asleep. Relax, stop asking yourself if you're doing it right. As long as you're focusing on one thing as you sleep and letting yourself remain aware, you're doing it right. Keep it up and you'll soon find the right level of effort to keep yourself aware until the dream appears. Also, no pressure to "pop" in as soon as the dream appears. Let the world become real as much as possible and your mind will out of the logic that pertains to the assumption that you have a body make it really easy to "pop" in. You'll know when the time is right. Keep it up =D
"Life is that which dreams are made on, and is rounded by a sleep."
-Prospero, Shakespeare's "The Tempest"
Check out my lucid dreaming blog: www.rememberawake.com

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 25 Sep 2012 07:19

alppdcjr12 wrote:Don't worry about it - the main point of a WILD is to maintain your focus as you fall asleep. Relax, stop asking yourself if you're doing it right. As long as you're focusing on one thing as you sleep and letting yourself remain aware, you're doing it right. Keep it up and you'll soon find the right level of effort to keep yourself aware until the dream appears. Also, no pressure to "pop" in as soon as the dream appears. Let the world become real as much as possible and your mind will out of the logic that pertains to the assumption that you have a body make it really easy to "pop" in. You'll know when the time is right. Keep it up =D

I disagree. I can lay in bed and be completely calm, stoic, focused and relaxed while I observe and feel up to 10 minutes of fluctuating vibrations and dream scenes, repeating a mantra as simple as "Mind Awake, Body Asleep" and eventually everything will just stop and I will do a RC and NOPE still awake. It is my belief, based on my attempts, that there is a point where you have to initiate some kind of intense focus and desire to insert your mind into the dream. I have tried to passive observing method and I am struggling with it heavily.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Sep 2012 02:55

Let me start by saying there is no "right" or "wrong" way to do WILD. Of course there are basic things you need to do, we know that.

For me, being relaxed is critical to success. There is definitely a certain amount of focus required, but it's deeper than the kind of focus you use for other activities. I don't know how else to explain that part of it. For me, it's like being on the rope swing at a lake where you swing out over the water and let go at the right point. You definitely have to hold on tightly to the rope, but then you must let go. And of course timing is everything. My failures fall into 2 categories: letting go to soon or holding on too tightly and not letting go. The first type of failure is better and I try to err on that side because at least I get a good night sleep. Trying too hard and holding on too tightly results in a night of half-sleep and you wake up feeling like crap. Anyway that's my 2 cents.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 26 Sep 2012 06:54

Honestly I feel like I might have a lot more control over these processes than most people.... I don't even categories of failure or repercussions like a bad night sleep. I get to one point and it either works or doesn't. So far, I've only come close, not quite succeeded. I only have one more hurdle until I have it solid though.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”