WILD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
torakrubik

WILD

Postby torakrubik » 29 Jun 2011 20:50

I was trying to induce waking sleep paralysis the other night. I was on my back, not moving and after 10 minutes or so, my legs started to become kind of tense and uncomfortable. Thinking this was a good sign, i resisted the urge to change position for a bit, but gave up after a while. I have also experienced hypogognia but can't seem to induce full body paralysis. Am i doing it right, wrong? Any tips? Thanks!
Dreaming is my drug

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: WILD

Postby Rebecca » 02 Jul 2011 01:35

Sounds like you're on the right track.... remember WILDs are tricky to master at first for most people so you will have hits and misses. And sometimes your body's chemistry just isn't right for it. But the more you persevere, each attempt brings you closer, it is not wasted time - there is value in just lying quietly and observing emptiness or hypnagogia.

Try disassociating from your limbs first, I find my arms and legs go first, they just go really heavy and then I feel them floating and in all sorts of weird folded positions which I know they're not really in! Then you know something is going right and it's time to imagine floating or swinging or start building up a dream scene.

Good luck and let us know when it happens!

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 14 Jul 2011 13:24

just to say, (although this wasn't by WILD technique) i had a lucid dream the other night. I was on a big snowy slope and thought to look at my hands. they were detached from my arms and clumpy. At this point i gained lucidity. I span around to stabilise, and the moment i thought 'I want this to be more detailed', it became extremely vivid, just like reality. I jumped over a few trees then suddenly woke up. it was a great experience and i hope more of these will come :)
Dreaming is my drug

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 14 Jul 2011 15:22

this your first? if so congratulations!

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 14 Jul 2011 15:26

it's my first one that wasn't random, and was induced because of techniques. thanks :D it's my most vivid dream to date too.
Dreaming is my drug

Return to “For Beginners”