I Dreamt I Knew I was Dreaming

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

I Dreamt I Knew I was Dreaming

Postby beaglebob » 27 Sep 2012 03:23

I joined this site after vivid dream two nights ago, during which, for maybe only the second or third time in my life, I dreamt that I knew I was dreaming. I remembered this dream fairly well. On a scale of 1 - 100, where 100 represents an extremely clear memory, it was maybe only a 75 to 80, but it stood out as one of the very few I knew I was dreaming.

In addition, I knew WHY I was dreaming the scenario I was dreaming. Apparently, from what I remember, I was purposely going to an interesting, sort of purposely "make-believe" world, where I knew I would be very content, with challenges relating to my profession. This may sound boring, but I felt very relaxed, and remember thinking in my dream that I had virtually created this alternate fantasy world in my dream to specifically suit my happiness.

One more possibly significant element of this dream, was that the dream world I had apparently created was one where I was doing things in my old profession. This could be significant, as I just changed jobs, and it is a major change. I used to be very active working on boats, and I just started a new job one month ago as an instructor at a school specializing in teaching professional mariners.

Comments are very welcome. I am interested in any constructive feedback.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”