Opening your third eye

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
jamiealexander

Opening your third eye

Postby jamiealexander » 25 May 2012 22:48

I just came across something I thought was a bit weird. Before I start, I don't follow the supernatural route. I'm quite happy to believe my lucid dreams are just that - dreams.

Whenever I've been meditation I've always had a big blue/green blotch in the center of my vision, also I've seen a black sky with white dots/stars and I've been able to manipulate them so it seems like I'm flying through space, something like an old Windows screensaver where you are traveling through space at great speed and the stars are swishing by.

So, anyways, I have just started reading the Multi-Dimensional Man and I noticed he talks about meditating on the pineal gland (third eye). I thought this might be cool; a new way to meditate, so I Googled it.

I was pretty shocked when I read that it's common to see white stars/dots or blue/indigo light when the third eye is open. Like I said, I don't usually buy into supernatural stuff, but if I was to go with my experience, the third eye is definitely something I should explore in more depth.

Has anyone already explored this?

Cheers

Sorry, I forgot to add: I also feel the vibrations in my head, not between my eyebrows but in the center of my forehead. I little bit off, but strange nonetheless.

Snaggle

Re: Opening your third eye

Postby Snaggle » 26 May 2012 05:47

Whenever I've been meditation I've always had a big blue/green blotch in the center of my vision, also I've seen a black sky with white dots/stars and I've been able to manipulate them so it seems like I'm flying through space, something like an old Windows screensaver where you are traveling through space at great speed and the stars are swishing by.

The big blue/green blotch is likely hypnagogia and most likely the stars too are HI.

So, anyways, I have just started reading the Multi-Dimensional Man and I noticed he talks about meditating on the pineal gland (third eye). I thought this might be cool; a new way to meditate, so I Googled it.

The identification of the pineal gland with the third eye is not a very good hypothesis. The Pineal gland is located behind and on top of the brain stem, approximately at the level of the eyes and eye brows. It's not high enough to be the third eye and is much nearer to the back of the head than the front.

Sorry, I forgot to add: I also feel the vibrations in my head, not between my eyebrows but in the center of my forehead. I little bit off, but strange nonetheless.

These may not be the same as yours, but when I'm in deep thought or before something like being bathed in white light/ the holy spirit or whatever one wishes to call it I feel twitches in the third eye area over an area of about three fingers high and wide and deep. Rather than something paranormal that I think is happening is that one is entering a gamma wave state. I also sometime, but not always feel these twitches and the third eye while doing a direct to sleep WILD.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Shane

Postby Shane » 27 Sep 2012 15:18

The identification of the pineal gland with the third eye is not a very good hypothesis. The Pineal gland is located behind and on top of the brain stem, approximately at the level of the eyes and eye brows. It's not high enough to be the third eye and is much nearer to the back of the head than the front.

Just because the Pineal gland isn't positioned exactly next to the third eye, it doesn't mean that it isn't linked. The third eye is often linked to perception and the Pineal gland has obvious links with this...as it controls all sorts of neurotransmitters and other chemicals that are everything to do with perception. I've never focused on the Pineal gland during meditation or anything, but I know focusing on the third eye area is beneficial.

@jamiealexander: Out of interest, if you don't buy in to the supernatural stuff, how come you want to focus on the pineal gland?

Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Sep 2012 19:27

I think that any focus is beneficial as it starts the process of losing the sensory links to the external world.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Sep 2012 20:46

Have wondered whether the "third eye" as it's called is where our consciousness is located. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, the actual third eye does not exist in humans, but generally refers to the Pineal Gland. It does exist in reptiles and is called the Parietal Eye. It's fairly well developed and has a small lens and retina. In reptiles it is associated with the pineal gland, but they are separate.

More than once, I've felt some physical sensations coming from somewhere toward the back of my head during the creation of dreams, knowing at the same time there was also an action of manifestation occuring. It wasn't a desire or a wish, it was more like a command or instructions with direct action applied. Don't know if that makes any sense, but I'm still trying to understand it and locate this center of this direct action for dream creation.
Last edited by lucidinthe sky on 27 Sep 2012 20:48, edited 2 times in total.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Sep 2012 20:48

If you try you can get those sensations in any part of the body, try using your knee or elbow as a focal point and make this the "third eye" and see what happens.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Sep 2012 23:53

Peter wrote:I think that any focus is beneficial as it starts the process of losing the sensory links to the external world.

Agree, and think that's the whole idea with the focus. Focusing outside the body helps create separation and makes it easier to start the process of dreaming and become lucid. For me that's part of the WILD process.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Feb 2013 10:07

I find it best to just experiement rather then go by what others are saying... to work out what is real or not. You may really be surprised by what you find.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 01 Mar 2013 06:14

jamiealexander wrote:I just came across something I thought was a bit weird. Before I start, I don't follow the supernatural route. I'm quite happy to believe my lucid dreams are just that - dreams.

I was pretty shocked when I read that it's common to see white stars/dots or blue/indigo light when the third eye is open. Like I said, I don't usually buy into supernatural stuff, but if I was to go with my experience, the third eye is definitely something I should explore in more depth.

Has anyone already explored this?

Cheers

Very few guys had achieved this state.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”