I'm new, and I also need help!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
jackdaniel0

I'm new, and I also need help!

Postby jackdaniel0 » 27 Sep 2012 22:26

Okay, so last night, I had my first lucid dream(actually I had another dream a very long time ago where I found out I was dreaming, but I can't remember anything after that)! Yay!
But something weird happened. When I found out, I was back in bed, and I was sleep paralyzed. I knew what to do:Relax. I tried to, I really did, thinking to myself 'relax' but as I did my heartbeat(Don't know if it was fake or not)sped up and it sped up so fast you'd think I'd turn in to the Hulk(He was actually in the dream after this, which wasn't a lucid one). There was also a humming noise that got louder as my heartbeat sped up
So yeah, I couldn't relax, then I woke up. I said 'I'm dreaming' in a 'Whoa, I had my first lucid dream!' way, then I found myself sleep paralyzed...again. Apparently, I must have tricked my subconscious in to thinking I found out I was dreaming, which I didn't. Cue the humming and heartbeat and attempted relaxing.
The same thing happened about 2 more times, so I had 3 lucid false awakenings in a row(it can get pretty annoying actually)
Then I finally woke up. I knew I wasn't dreaming 'cause I could move.

Is this normal? The 'Find out you're lucid, then cue sleep paralysis on bed' thing. And how come I couldn't relax?

Jack Reacher

Re: I'm new, and I also need help!

Postby Jack Reacher » 29 Sep 2012 05:57

Yeah its normal and I know what you mean by the humming sensation, its quite intense sometimes. False awakenings and SP are very strange, to deal with the trauma of waking up and being paralysed makes your mind do some crazy stuff. In some ways I believe you aren't actually dreaming, your perception of reality is completely distorted as your mind hasn't doesn't know how to make you cope with sleep paralysis, read an interesting article on this site about Alien abductions. In some ways you could say its a hullucination.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

jackdaniel0

Re: I'm new, and I also need help!

Postby jackdaniel0 » 06 Oct 2012 01:26

Trust me, it wasn't a hallucination. It was definitely dreams.

Return to “For Beginners”