Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sterre Duiker

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Sterre Duiker » 29 Sep 2012 20:21

Sander wrote:
Sterre Duiker wrote:I am from Holland, yet I live in Nairobi, Kenya.

aan je naam af te leiden gok ik er op dat je nederlands spreekt :)

ben jij ook Nederlands? Wat een toeval!

Sander

Postby Sander » 29 Sep 2012 23:01

Belg ;)
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 30 Sep 2012 14:24

o :lol:

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 01 Oct 2012 05:29

Sterre, it is true that kids are better at having lucid dreams because they produce more of the chemical that puts your mind into the theta state. As you get older, you start to produce less and less of this chemical unless you actively practice "creating" it--lucid dreaming and all that. As for relaxing music, just look up some on youtube. There are loads of great relaxation tracks on youtube.

Sander, yea that could be an awesome way to induce a LD. It would be really cool to WILD into something like that!
The mind is a beautiful thing

Sander

Postby Sander » 01 Oct 2012 16:34

Bleekman117 wrote:Sander, yea that could be an awesome way to induce a LD. It would be really cool to WILD into something like that!

wow, i'm nowhere near a WILD a this point :P you think a MILD would work this way?
Free Your Mind.

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 02 Oct 2012 02:19

Yes, it could work. Just make sure you incubate the dream daily and tell yourself that you will remember that that scenario is a dream before you go to sleep.
The mind is a beautiful thing

maerd

Postby maerd » 02 Oct 2012 07:11

hello, Ive already been using the 'visualization technique' for a while now; not knowing that it could lead me to a Lucid dream.. but thanx to u, now i know..

whats is WBTB' and the WILD method?

Sander

Postby Sander » 02 Oct 2012 17:10

maerd wrote:hello, Ive already been using the 'visualization technique' for a while now; not knowing that it could lead me to a Lucid dream.. but thanx to u, now i know..

whats is WBTB' and the WILD method?

The WBTB technique is a method to increase your dream recall. You wake up after a few hours of sleep (4 - 6) and try tot remember your dream. If nothing comes to mind, don't ponder about it and set your alarm to go off 90 minutes later. Repeat. This way you're suppsoed to be roused during REM sleep, the phase of sleep in which you dream. That way, it is possible to remember about 4 dreams per night.

The WILD technique the the most effectieve, but also the most difficult technique to induce a LD. It requires great focus and practice. If you're a beginning lucid dreamer, it's not recommended to try this technique. Try incorporating 15-20 minutes of meditation into your dailey life to increase your focus and awareness.

As for me, i think i had a breakthrough this night. It was the first time i actually did a RC in my dream. Sad thing is that i didn't go lucid after that.. Really bummed by this. I was with my buddy who's been LD'ing for 2 years now and did my RC. I told him: 'Dude, i'm dreaming, check it out! Pushed my fingers through my palm. Then he pushed his finger through my palm. 'Awesome!'. After that i don't remember anything.
Free Your Mind.

artavis durden

Postby artavis durden » 02 Oct 2012 18:13

I have been trying to lucid dream for almost 2 years now and i have got nothing..............I started in january 2011 and stopped in early september 2012....................mainly because i fukd my sleep schedule up....................i tried wake back to bed everyday and after a while i started waking up before the time i usually try wake back to bed..................but i wasnt in that tired state nymore................even when i dont practice wbtb..............i still wake up in the middle of the nite.............i dont like the mild technique................so im taking a break to try to get my sleep schedule back to normal....................from September 7, 2012 until January 7, 2013..................SEE YOU ALL IN JANUARY!!!!

Sander

Postby Sander » 02 Oct 2012 21:25

Bleekman117 wrote:Yes, it could work. Just make sure you incubate the dream daily and tell yourself that you will remember that that scenario is a dream before you go to sleep.

advice on how to incubate?
Free Your Mind.

Return to “For Beginners”