My Weirdest False Awakening

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
Carmelio11

Re: My Weirdest False Awakening

Postby Carmelio11 » 16 Jul 2012 13:59

First of all, I would like to say that things like that are very common in the dream world(the cell phone and watch thing). However that can be used to your advantage on most occasions, when you become lucid. Also, I recommend that every time that you believe you are awake you do a reality check, mostly when you are coming off from an intense situation such as the one you describe.

By the way, you fighting a blue elmo that is trying to eat you....precious. Perhaps Elmo is the new Paperdoll...

Eleanor

Postby Eleanor » 11 Aug 2012 13:42

I've only had one on the first day of a school year I woke up, got dressed brushed my teeth and my hair, did the dishes, ate breakfast, studied and was halfway to school when mom called and said I was going to be late , so I checked the time and it said wake up, melted then I woke up. I was really upset because I had to do it all over again.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Lavendula

Postby Lavendula » 25 Aug 2012 03:25

I woke up, got a drink of water, went to the toilet and then went into the bathroom to wash my hands. Everything seemed normal. Until I looked into the mirror. The door was shut in the mirror and I instantly knew I was dreaming. The glass fogged up. I panicked because The only other time I had seen myself in the mirror in a dream it was scary. While I was standing there, another me appeared in the mirror and started running side to side, trying to escape my actual reflection. It looked scared.
I freaked out and woke up.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
If you fall for your reflection you will drown in a dream

vickyd29

Postby vickyd29 » 30 Sep 2012 02:32

I never understood what was happening to me while dreaming untill recently. About a week ago I had a very intense dream. I can't exactly remember what I dreamt about but I do remember feeling like I was awake but in actuality I was still dreaming..as I tried waking up I couldn't move it felt as though someone was holding me down. I was afraid and couldnt shake off the feeling of confusion. I sat up in bed trying to replay my dream in my head. As I was doing this I fell back asleep. As I was sleeping I heard a voice asking "Can you hear me?" I responded "yes, i can hear you." Again the same thing happened 2 more times. I responded 2 more times to whoever or what ever was asking me this question. Finally my boyfriend came into the bedroom and tried waking me up and asked if I was ok. I wasn't sure how to answer because he had heard me crying. My dreams are almost always this intense and have gotten ..well I dont know if they are getting worse or just nightmares. They seem so real and at times I don't want to go back to sleep even though i'm still tired and know that my dreams can be quite disturbing.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 30 Sep 2012 02:58

I think my strangest was while in a lucid dream for some reason I thought I had to run back and get into the dream bed before I woke up. I managed to make it back in time, then "woke up" in the dream bed a few seconds after arriving there. Fortunately, I had the sense to do an RC after the false awakening and went straight off to lucid dream part 2 without losing a second. Crazy!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Sleep Disorders”