Who here USES lucid dreaming for a purpose?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
willlem

Who here USES lucid dreaming for a purpose?

Postby willlem » 25 Sep 2012 19:47

There's much talk about feeling free and admiring all the things you can do when you dream, but who actually uses this as a benefit to real life?

Who here trains or shapes the mind to absorb and utilise these experiences?
Who here regards this possibility as a means to an end?

Who tries to be as lucid as possible?

Think as much as you can. Advance.

Evolve

Peter

Re: Who here USES lucid dreaming for a purpose?

Postby Peter » 26 Sep 2012 08:08

I use it for both and have made some changes in behaviors due to lucid dreaming. I also take part in any research that I can that explores the uses of lucid dreaming and really enjoy the practical aspects and application of lucid dreaming to a purpose
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

willlem

Postby willlem » 26 Sep 2012 14:20

Hi Peter, can you elaborate on the practical aspects please.
Thanks

Peter

Postby Peter » 26 Sep 2012 16:25

I worked with a researcher to use dreaming and lucid dreaming to see if I could help to remove some of the hesitation that occurs when looking at trading charts during share trading. I see charts that have a high probability of producing a winning trade (when used with good money management) and then hesitate to trade them. It was successful and is allowing for more consistency in my trading. We used some associations and exercises to assist with the process and recorded dreams over a 5 day time frame. They were interesting and I feel produced some results that I see reflected in my trading. The dreams were abstract as I expected but followed the general theme and ended with one very interesting deep lucid. What I ended up with is that I dont tend to get the "yes but" associations with the good charts and when I see them they are strong and I am confident to trade on them. They are not always winners but the goal is to be consistent over time with a set of protocols and this should bring the results I want.

Lucid dream related to this study. one of a set of five that we captured

This might have been a little different, I was working with a researcher and seeding a dream with the elements of a green glass door that was to be the entrance to a trading room, computer screens that were share trading screens and wanting to remove any hesitation in entering a trade when I see high probability chart patterns.

The dream as follows,

The last paragraph is of interest as in this one I had stopped looking for doors and expecting something on the other side, it was created by the dreamscape and the green ice was the green glass. This was the first time I had encountered this and the decent is the journey or way of believing in yourself - mixture of confidence and experience.

Lucid Dream 2nd report
Relaxing and feelings of body going to sleep coming on – In kitchen using the waste disposal and the lights went out, dam – fuse blown. Think the lights and the disposal are on different circuits – aha, I must be dreaming. I wake up and start to relax again.
Instantly asleep and then in airport lounge talking to Marian on cell phone. Phone feels funny and I look and it is an old type of phone. I think I must be dreaming and look around the lounge and it is so real I am not sure. I put my hand through the wooden support of the chair and yes I am dreaming. I decide to go and close my dream eyes ( I have learnt to close them in the first stages of a dream as it greatly deepens the state) I am being rushed backwards at a great speed and for a long time. I now have my eyes open and am in the 3D darkness or void and just let this rushing backwards happen until I feel myself slowing down.

I am in a big city, European by the look of it. There are big stone buildings and the streets are pave with a central pond as well. I walk into a shop and find a blank wall. I ask and will for a doorway and this is to lead me into a trading room. A door appears on the wall and I struggle to get it open. It opens but is not a room but like a folding window shutter and in the space behind there are works of art. I look at these and each time I move my eyes a little a new work appears. There are as many as I wish to see and they are incredible water colour works. ( I would love to paint these as they were truly unique and a little abstract)

Walking in market with stalls everywhere, now indoor markets and looking for blank spot. Found one after a while and after looking around and talking to people (3 females were lying down and one was annoyed as her head was not connected to her body, she was under a sheet and I put it back on for her. They were all happy at this – It was a dream!) I moved on and found a space inside a hallway. I asked and willed a door in the wall, opened it and walked into a room. Again no screens after I asked for them but more incredible art. The works were unlimited and just kept appearing each time I had my fill of looking at one. Again abstract watercolours that gave a sense and feeling of pleasure in looking at them. Also wonder at the artists ability to create them.

Last lucid and created by the dreamscape

Walking along a road, on bridge, look at water in river and it is frozen and looks like green glass. I step onto the ice and it is hard, beautiful and very cold and again ask and will for a door several times. Nothing happens. I put my arm out and an iron bar appears in my hand. I scratch and chip the outline of double doors in the ice, it is hard and this takes a while. I put two handles in the middle. I chip at the handle area unit it softens a little and then jump up and land hard on the handles. I get through and sink into cold green slurry of ice water. No panic as I have breathed in water, solid rock and in space many times so I enjoy the sinking feeling and drift down for a long way feeling the cold and soaking in the energy of the ice. I am now in a concrete room, my trading room and ask for screens. Instead I get tables with drawers like in a museum and so start to open them. Each one is filled with inventions made of steel, jade, stone and other materials that I have never seen. I pick some up and feel them, play with them and wonder what they are for. There are hundreds of these objects in each drawer.
Away on a rainbow of colour to the organic world of my mind

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

willlem

Postby willlem » 26 Sep 2012 21:45

This is interesting.

Could you recreate the art if you wanted to? Would you want to?
You do realise you're the artist of all of the works you saw, right?

I fail to make a concrete link between your dreams and the outcomes of the trades but I clearly understand your mind is highly artistic and i hope you have developed it.

I believe channeled lucid dreams are source of true inspiration.

Peter

Postby Peter » 26 Sep 2012 23:14

Could you recreate the art if you wanted to? Would you want to?
You do realise you're the artist of all of the works you saw, right?

Yes I realize this but dont have the talent to place the art onto canvas yet. I will try one day and should try as the images were very different to almost anything that I have ever seen. And yes I would love to get them on paper or canvas.

I fail to make a concrete link between your dreams and the outcomes of the trades but I clearly understand your mind is highly artistic and i hope you have developed it

The link (in my mind) is that the charts speak to me the way art does. The charts are images and I say they speak to me or they jump at me and say here I am, same for the art in the dream as each one could represent a chart pattern and give these intuitive feelings. The other parts of the dream, breaking the ice is the fact that it takes intent and resolve to break barriers and a sense of trusting in yourself, you cant give away the responsibility for action and must take the plunge and just get on with it. The drawers are the rewards for the action, a treasure trove of wonders.

LOL - all this from someone that thinks dream interpretation is a waste of time, these were seeded and had intent so I class them as different from normal lucids or vivid s.

Sir_Serix

Postby Sir_Serix » 27 Sep 2012 17:42

When I first saw it I wanted to use it for fun, but lately I've been focusing on try to ask myself my profession, as I'm very unlcear.
That, and, when my piano arrives to my new house, I would like to see how my subconscious produces music :lol:

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 29 Sep 2012 02:42

Before I answer, I must ask "who here has lucid dreamed, many times, before even knowing what it was?" That changes everything, because without knowing, there is no intent or purpose to a lucid dream.

I think that if you hear about lucid dreaming, and attempt it, and succeed, it will be far more enlightening and there will be purpose in it, and it will be life changing.

For me, it is just a sporadic occurrence. "It's like, ok, I'm in a dream now, so what should I do?" Sometimes I ask 'dream characters' how I should change my life, but they always say 'do nothing', or (this is for real) 'be a sixty-year-old nerd'. They say dumb things sometimes! (I could waste my time finding meaning in that...)

Anyway, I am a jaded lucid dreamer, and the experience, (although I would not give it up for the world) seems to repeat itself and I have become too familiar with it.

So, "Who USES lucid dreaming for a purpose"?.... not me right now... BUT IT SHOULD BE! Sometimes I forget that it is something that most people can only dream of (pun intended) and I should appreciate it more and it can be a HELPFUL TOOL!.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 29 Sep 2012 03:34

HAGART wrote:Before I answer, I must ask "who here has lucid dreamed, many times, before even knowing what it was?" That changes everything, because without knowing, there is no intent or purpose to a lucid dream.I think that if you hear about lucid dreaming, and attempt it, and succeed, it will be far more enlightening and there will be purpose in it, and it will be life changing.

I am definitely in the second category, having only learned about lucid dreaming at age 52 and learning to do it at age 54. For me, my learning to lucid dream was really perfect timing, occuring at the same time that I was beginning to see reality in a different light, more as a subjective experience, than an absolute. Starting to wonder if we are in fact fabricating the reality that we experience. And of course lucid dreaming made me really rethink everything.

As far as purpose goes, I would compare lucid dreaming to exploring other planets in search of life. For me it's a curiousity. I still can not comprehend how you can literally step into a "dream" world and feel your feet touching the ground as you walk. Pick up a solid object and feel it's weight, it's texture, temperature, color and at the time have thoughts separately as if "you" (the person thinking, deciding and marvelling) are not even part of the scenery, just as if you were the individual person that you are in waking life.

I am entering the dream world as an observer exploring some alien planet. We don't have actual physical notebooks there so I have my little mental notebook. I probe, look, touch things, just quietly observe and take mental notes, talking to the occasional alien if I see any. Who knows if I even speak their language. Just trying to see what kind of life exists on this new planet and how similar it is to the waking life planet we live on.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 30 Sep 2012 22:59

I just realized: even if you don't USE lucid dreaming for a purpose, and it is purely recreational, that too is a purpose. Dreams are a great escape from reality and lucid dreaming even more so. Recreational escapes are meaningful and allow you to live out you desires and face your fears. Perhaps I have been too nonchalant and didn't realize this. But just having fun and nothing more is benificial. You don't have to learn anything or gain insight.... if it was just fun, you are still better off. And in fact, isn't PLAY, the best way to learn?.....
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”