Who here USES lucid dreaming for a purpose?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Ebony Wolf

Re: Who here USES lucid dreaming for a purpose?

Postby Ebony Wolf » 01 Oct 2012 00:29

I do use my lucidity for a purpose besides recreation.
I think of my reality as a lucid dream, though I am Christian. I question afterlife more than stick to one idea. I enjoy the Movie Inception's thought of afterlife. It states that you are in your own lucid dream right now, but your not in enough belief to be able to control it; therefore, when you die, you enter another lucid dream with more control.
I relate my lucidity to this. It gives me hope of an unimaginable afterlife I could, literally, only imagine.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
So..anyone else find new music annoying? I only like older songs. Dat Sinatra. <3

I LOVE YOU. Unless I don't. In which case I do? ..Was that confusing enough?

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 01 Oct 2012 03:55

Ebony Wolf wrote:I do use my lucidity for a purpose besides recreation.
I think of my reality as a lucid dream, though I am Christian. I question afterlife more than stick to one idea. I enjoy the Movie Inception's thought of afterlife. It states that you are in your own lucid dream right now, but your not in enough belief to be able to control it; therefore, when you die, you enter another lucid dream with more control.
I relate my lucidity to this. It gives me hope of an unimaginable afterlife I could, literally, only imagine.

I agree. I think our life is like a lucid dream and the next will be also, to me it's very simple, very logical. Waking life is a collective lucid dream, lucid dreaming is where we do it alone, but it's the same manifestation of reality. My feeling is that part of what we are doing here in this life is building our skill level to do this by practicing (day and night) and also contributing our experiences to the shared pool.

It really is unimaginable what an afterlife could be like. We don't even know our full capability, I think we're only doing a small fraction of it now with our experiences of reality. What I can imagine in the afterlife, is getting togther with a group of "like-minded" beings and creating some experiences/realities together, with the full group capability of absolutely anything you want, I think that will give a whole deifintion to the word "real".
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Lynne

Postby Lynne » 01 Oct 2012 04:23

I learn lessons from my dreams. And I experience things that I couldn't otherwise experience. I also use to for ideas. I like to get artistic and story ideas from it. There are so many cool things that I see! I know it's a blessing, and I think I should use it for good. I should use it to help people. I also see parts of the future. I come up with solutions to problems.

willlem

Postby willlem » 01 Oct 2012 19:03

HAGART wrote:I just realized: even if you don't USE lucid dreaming for a purpose, and it is purely recreational, that too is a purpose. Dreams are a great escape from reality and lucid dreaming even more so. Recreational escapes are meaningful and allow you to live out you desires and face your fears. Perhaps I have been too nonchalant and didn't realize this. But just having fun and nothing more is benificial. You don't have to learn anything or gain insight.... if it was just fun, you are still better off. And in fact, isn't PLAY, the best way to learn?.....

there is some truth in this, as long as it is channeled and set on achieving a specific goal with real implications, results may be involved

playful reflection but reflection nonetheless

Lynne

Postby Lynne » 03 Oct 2012 07:01

I also don't just have fun with it. I definitely follow the stories, even if I don't like them, and I try to interact from them, to learn from them.

addictedtomary

Postby addictedtomary » 03 Oct 2012 23:24

hello,

I use lucid dreams as a way to stay off drugs. I'm a recovering addict. Lucid dreams are now my "drug". I feel free in my dreams, no one is judging me for my past decisions. My drug of choice did not allow me to dream or remember my dreams. I literally didn't recall a dream for 18 months. I choose to have my dreams instead of my high. That choice saved me. I'm 6 weeks sober and have had 12 lucid dreams in that time frame, all were meaningful and different. I am conquering my fears and finding my "inner self". That is my purpose for lucid dreaming.

If you are satisfied after your lucid dream then it was purposeful regardless if you spent your dream flying around or composing music. It only matters that you find purpose.
I am the most powerful being in my universe

Peter

Postby Peter » 03 Oct 2012 23:30

Cool - I was around drugs when I was growing up and feel I never used them as my dreams (lucid and vivid) were better that what I kept hearing people talking about so can understand you view. Keep at it and best wishes
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”