Travels of a Dreamwalker - karen659

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
karen659

Travels of a Dreamwalker - karen659

Postby karen659 » 25 Jun 2011 12:50

Hi everyone! I thought I'd share my 'dream walking' experiences, also know as out-of-body traveling (OOB or OBEs) I keep a blog of all my experiences which I invite you to read...I know it's getting lengthy, but it does show my progress over the years. (I have also highlighted the best ones to read for a quick overview) You can find the full blog here: www.karen659.blogspot.com

Meanwhile, I will post continuing experiences here to share in hopes that others will come to know how amazing it is to do this type of 'lucid dreaming'....which is truly just another awareness of who our 'real' selves are. I believe strongly that this ability is something everyone is capable of doing, as I'm no special person with special powers....I'm also very easy to contact for questions or concerns via email. I love to know that my experiences are helping others!

Here's the latest on the blog:

6/19/11 148) California Adventures; Meeting Jaime and OOB in a Plane!

I had met my new OBE friend Jaime for the first time this day, and set the intention to see if I could go visit in an OBE that night. My first recollection after my induction was of being in a hospital-type area with friends caring for me, helping me to move from one room to another. I knew I wanted to go, but yet I might not be ready.

Impatiently I rolled out and immediately fell backward, unsteady and unable to control my movements. I could hear my daughter and a friend (Bill?) talking in distance going off to explore but I was not in control enough to move to go with them.

Finding myself back in body, I noticed a beautiful multicolored geometric mosaic design behind my closed eyes that swirled around until it faded and I found myself fully aware again.

I consciously attempted to induce again, and this time found it was an easy exit, as I moved out the door to fly up through some trees (as usual). This time, though, I stopped to ask the tree if it ever had a hug, and then grabbed some leaves and branches to give it a hug.

I went off, with limited recall now as I had such an unexpected ending to this experience that it overtook these memories. I recall only of flying high, very dark at first having to state ‘clarity now’ twice to try to improve, and impressing three words into my consciousness to help with my recall. “horse”? “house“? and a third word I have no memory of now. Vaguely, I can remember seeing a wide open plain with horse(s) below me.

One other memory was seeing a city below me lit up with lights as it was night time, knowing it was a different appearance than the cities back home. It appeared to be in a flat area but surrounded by mountains, similar to the landscape I noticed in California. My only ‘feelings’ left to this beginning experience was as if I was ‘high and far away’ with wonderful memories when I returned to my body.

I remember the usual fumbling with the recorder, seeing the lit display with odd numbers, so I knew it was a signal of a false awakening. I was excited to record what I had remembered, so I pulled back to more wakefulness, but was surprised to see that the recorder was still malfunctioning again.

I was about to pull awake once more when I noticed a man and two young boys standing behind the couch I was lying on. “Jaime is here!” was the first impression I had, but also knew he looked just a bit different. He had on some sort of ‘uniform’ but it wasn’t military, a short sleeve single color (white? gold?) chef-type shirt with a design on the right sleeve. (This is why the memories of the first part faded quickly, as I was so excited to see him!)

With him were two boys around the age of 8 or 9. I remember sitting and chatting with them, Jaime with one boy on his lap and the other standing in front. We were laughing and having a good time. I tried to look closely at the young boys to be able to describe what they looked like after awakening.

Both boys had brown eyes, the one on Jaime’s lap with small style dark color frame glasses and messy wavy hair in a beautiful red-brown color. I remember remarking on how messy it was! The other boy had a mop of hair, brown, rounder face and possibly freckles. I wasn’t sure if Jaime was their caretaker or the one was related and the other a friend. I remember thinking what nice kids they were!

Because I was so surprised to see Jaime at the end when I was ‘pulling back’ to awareness, I have completely forgotten when it was that I did earlier in the night, and can only remember these few details. I just know I came back from ‘far away’ and ‘high’ and had a fantastic time!
But it was also SO nice to know that my intention to ‘go see’ Jaime the same night I met him for the first time brought him here to my daughter’s place at the end of a great OBE!

In speaking with Jaime later, I found that that he remembered sitting and talking with people that night, but no recollection of the young boys or any idea who they could have been. Because Jaime is very familiar with the OBE process as well, I feel it just may have been a connection we both shared that night.

6/22/11 Plane flight home

In meeting with OBE friends in California and sharing their excitement, it motivated me to want to try something new and see if I could get OOB while traveling on the plane to home, since I knew it was a long trip and I could sleep. I was concerned it might not happen, as I have never attempted this in a noisy, bumpy, moving environment, but still wanted to try.

In used my usual affirmations and visualization before sleep, and remember being surprised to feel my left knee floating up as I sat in the plane seat. (I was in a window seat, next to the wing of the plane.) It didn’t bring me to awareness of possibly being OOB, as my mind registered it as something interesting but not that unusual.

It was at that point that we had to have hit some turbulence, or maybe my seatmate moved slightly to bump me, but I felt my astral leg quickly and heavily sink back into my physical body, enough to startle me to more awareness.

I realized ‘hey wow! I WAS starting to get OOB!’ Without waking completely, I settled back in and soon found both knees now floating up, to the point where I felt totally squished in the seat! I wondered how do I get out fully while sitting in this plane seat?!?

I thought a change in position might help, so I leaned back, falling through the back of the seat, and then used a ‘floating’ visualization to try to lift. My next memory is of seeing the ceiling of the plane only inches from my face!!

I now realized I was out!! I was so thrilled, yet I told myself not to get too excited. I remember thinking I should verify it by moving my hand through the roof of the plane. As I placed my hand partially through the ceiling successfully, I fearfully remembered I was in a moving airplane and maybe shouldn’t disturb some important ‘wiring’ or such and so pulled my hand back in quickly! (This shows me how strong my beliefs were that you just don’t go outside or mess with a moving airplane!! lol)

Now I’m doing handstands on the back of the seats, flopping myself into unsuspecting passengers laps and then moved to the front of the plane. I found two open seats next to a young male and thought I’d just stop here to check out first class. While there, the stewardess made some announcement, and I realized that no one was too happy about her disturbing their quiet. I could feel the passenger’s ‘irritation’ and even sensed some ‘discontent’ from the stewardess as she performed her job.

At that point we did hit turbulence, and I awoke fully from my sleep. I was so happy to have succeeded! I knew I had felt ‘confined’ to the inside of the plane, with my fear of causing problems should I have exited it.

What is very interesting, though, is that soon after I awoke, I was able to see the TV screen of the row ahead of me. It was playing a Bugs Bunny cartoon where he was returning the Tasmanian devil home to Tasmania. Bugs Bunny was flying home, and was sad about leaving behind the Tasmania devil.

Just before landing, Bugs looks out the plane and sees the Tasmanian devil riding home with him out on the wing of the plane!! I knew this was meant for me to see, as I felt at that time that the next time I WILL be able to remember that I cannot be harmed and will get out to see what it’s like on the wing as we fly!!!
"The more we learn, the more limitless the Universe becomes!"

karen659

Re: Travels of a Dreamwalker - karen659

Postby karen659 » 25 Jun 2011 18:28

2011_06_25 149) Transition to Consciousness Using Fear

I just wanted to share a quick experience I had with a short nap I had today, something I rarely do (take a nap) but maybe I should consider! lol I've always wondered why it is that I don't become 'lucid' when I find myself undergoing some significant distress in my dreams. It would seem to me that if I felt I was in a 'dire moment' where I was about to undergo some significant injury or even death that I should be able to realize it's only a dream and wake up to 'consciousness'.

In thinking about this more lately, I realized that should I next find myself in this type of situation, that it WOULD be a good idea to just 'assume' I'm dreaming and take off. With the understanding that this life is 'but a dream' in essence (as we are spiritual beings having a physical body), even if it WAS 'physical life' that this was happening in, then I'd still 'wake to consciousness' on the other side! Does this make sense? In other words, I would avoid the pain and suffering of a severe injury or 'death' if it was 'real life' or a dream, thereby enjoy the easy transition to my real 'self'!

Anyway, I had the chance to use this new idea today, as I found myself doing something around a heavy machinery tractors (what I was doing there, I had no idea!) At one point, the backhoe (digging machine) that I had climbed up on started to tilt and fall backward down a steep incline. I was immediately catapulted upward off the front of the machine very, very high!!

I 'knew' that I was about to be killed or severely injured when I landed, as there would be no avoiding it with how high I was. I somehow remembered at that point that there was no reason to fear, it HAD to be a dream and that I could just take off flying! And I did!!! I was THRILLED to know that I could do this, feeling my falling body now soaring and not having to worry about being hurt or dying!!!

Ok, that's it...maybe doesn't sound like much, but I can see that my experiences are taking things up a notch and becoming more frequent. I'm thrilled they've returned and just wanted to share my new 'perspective' on things!

karen659

Postby karen659 » 05 Jul 2011 00:50

July 4, 2011 150) Levels of Collective Consciousness

I had a difficult time falling back asleep this morning after waking as usual about 3am. I found myself in that ‘twilight’ state for most of the next few hours, where you know you are not asleep, yet your body is very relaxed. Despite my best efforts, there was nothing happening.

I felt a bit frustrated at this apparent inability to get into the right mindstate for an exit, and finally after two hours, gave up and turned to my MP3’s I’ve used in my early years.

I was thrilled to realize that it worked and I now found myself at the edge of vibrations ready to separate! I could clearly see the back of the couch I was lying on, and knew I could just climb over and get out, so I did! It was an easy exit, and I wasted no time in taking off flying.

Once again, I have to apologize for the lack of recall, as I’m just as frustrated as anyone would be when they know there was SO much more done while out of body and yet, upon full consciousness, the memories disappear!

What I do recall is flying over some sort of building, open structures, rather like a wooden garden pagoda shape. As I passed over, I would put my hand down to feel top part of the structure, surprised to see that I could feel a ‘solidness’ to it and other times notice that my hand passed right through. I remember thinking why was this happening? (I realize now it was likely a prelude to what I was to learn)

My next recollection is walking through streets, telling myself “I will have full recall” trying to impress what was happening in my memory. I’m now sitting with a female, and the only word that remains is ‘consciousness’ as the topic of our conversation. My impression is that we were talking about the many different levels of consciousness that exist and how it depends on where we are in that ‘mix’ as to what we will perceive as reality.

I remember learning something like is it not just our individual ‘consciousness’ that determines our ‘reality’, but that it is a combinations of all the ‘consciousness’ levels that exist in our physical environment. I had always thought that there was my own individual one, and a general ‘collective consciousness’ that existed that ultimately affected our physical lives here.

What prompted this, I believe, is a discussion I have been having a discussion with another about what ‘reality’ is. He feels that what we know as our physical reality here is more of an ‘external’ and separate influence in our lives, and which I believe is more of an individually created and influenced reality existing here. I did, however, agree it was difficult to fully understand how one person can affect what appears to be ‘external’ physical reality in any big way due to the overwhelming ‘collective consciousness’ effect that exists as well.

I now seem to understand that our individual consciousness is not just our own perceptions, but also what we have assimilated through a multitude of levels of other ‘collective consciousnesses’, from the smaller family and societal level consciousness, to larger religious and cultural consciousness that also make up our individual realities. This is very difficult to explain, but the idea was that there were many more levels of influence out there than just the two I had thought.

This was also shown to me in a series of ‘hands on’ demonstrations, where I can recall trying different awareness levels and doing different tasks. For instance, I can remember being adamant that a surface was solid, completely and utterly impenetrable, and to prove it, slammed my hand down on the counter to show how sturdy it is. Yet, at the same time, I knew I was out of body so I should not be able to do so. I remember the ‘feel’ of that solidness, only to change the next minute when I was told to raise my vibration and awareness to be able to gently glide my hand right through that same surface!

One other demonstration had to do with the sense of smell, and I can recall asking what that smell I was being shown was and the word ‘coriander’ is all I have left of those details.

Again, it seems I am always saying how much I don’t remember, but yet somehow, I am able to bring back at least a little bit to share! There was so much more but at least I do know that I came away with a deeper understanding of what reality is…and what it isn’t!

www.karen659.blogspot.com
on Facebook as “Karen SixFiveNine”

karen659

Postby karen659 » 14 Jul 2011 02:02

Pass Through Truck Experience – A Miracle; Thoughts on Perception and Gaining Insight

In discussing the idea of ‘true reality’ with others, I shared an unusual experience I had many years ago that I felt was much similar to this 'change in solidness' that I felt in my last OBE. I feel it might help to share it here on my blog as well. This experience, however, it was in real life, hence my strong belief that you should be able to alter physical 'reality' as it is only an illusion of what 'true reality' is!

To share quickly, it was driving on a highway, going over a bridge. I pulled out to pass a long semi-truck (tractor trailer) and was just about half way up past him, when he decided to pull into my lane!! I had nowhere to go but over the side of the bridge, so I slammed on my brakes, knowing full well I was too far up the side of the truck to completely miss him!

It all played out in slow motion, hence why I KNOW I saw what I saw....as I'm repeating to myself, "he's going to hit me!" watching the truck move closer knowing I'll be pushed to water below....and then was UTTERLY AMAZED to see the back corner of the truck PASS THROUGH the hood of my car as he pulled completely in my lane in front of me!!!!!

I was shaking with disbelief and needed to pull over after he continued on his way, never realizing how close I came to certain death! I questioned myself as to what I really saw, but then I also KNOW that I did not make that up....I SAW two solid physical objects become 'transparent' and pass through each other, keeping me safe (but just a bit shook up!)

I think part of me 'knows' the real truth deeply, as this is why I am adamant about how illusory this life really is when I’m discussing it with others….but I can understand why others have a difficult time with this idea!

To continue on with this theme, I had an experience again this morning that gave me food for thought. I feel right asleep last night and didn't wake too much during the night...but gosh, this morning, when I woke I was intensely 'living within a dream' and I felt that disoriented and lost feeling..(as I have done lots of times!) ...until I realized where and when I was!! lol

Makes me think, though,....is that the SAME type feeling many have when they pass over in death?!? Only those with deeper beliefs about what to expect when they pass on don't 'awaken' as easily...hmmmmm....this does show you how tenuous that threshold is between what WE call 'reality' and what others may perceive as their reality!

Whilst the dream is being `lived', it seems just as real as our waking life. So, why couldn't we forget our previous life in the same way at birth? I know deep within me that this is what happens, as we have agreed to live this physical life under a veil of forgetfulness. But this 'other reality' is not inaccessible, only forgotten!

IMO, it is that time, just before waking, that one has the closest connection with this 'other realm' and yet, how many of us take the time to 'linger' before waking to try to access it? We are ingrained to jump up once awake, dismiss any 'dreams' and continue on with our day....hurrying to get to work, take care of issues, etc. I may be a suggestion to many to try setting the alarm a bit earlier, to allow for this 'lingering' and see what insights you may discover!

karen659

Postby karen659 » 14 Jul 2011 14:33

7.14.11 RESPONSE to Pass Through Truck Experience

This is what I wrote in response to a request as to why I feel this 'Pass Through Truck Miracle' occurred in my life....it might be insightful for others so I'll share it here too...

As for why it happened, I'll likely not fully know in this life, however, I do feel it may have been one of the 'built in' exits that could have been pre-planned into my life. We take much effort in-between lives, IMO, to create all types of options to be shown to us when necessary depending on what choices we make in this life. It's hard to imagine, but I believe that every single choice we make here has been seen before and a pre-planned set of experiences designed to maximize our learning here was created. This includes 'life exits' that may be needed.

At the time of this truck miracle (1999), I was in turmoil, emotionally exhausted, and going through a bad divorce. I was on my way to sign papers that I felt to be totally wrong to do so, yet had to do....(ok, so the details were that I was on my way to sign papers to mortgage my house, the one my father built for me as payment for taking care of his mother, to pay my soon-to-be ex his half of it!!! totally not fair in my eyes!)....

I remember reading once where we sometimes pre-plan certain points in our life where we are given the opportunity to 'exit' this life depending upon our degree of need or desire. This could have been one of those, and the fact that the crash didn't happen was because I was stable enough to know that my young children (at the time) were the reason I had to remain and wanted to do so. You can see that I had no idea this was going to happen, as I repeated with certainty that 'he's going to hit me!'

Also, I have to clarify at the time, I was not as involved in the astral travel nor have the understanding that I have now. Those were the times when life was my family, and the few dream experiences I had and such were nothing more than that. In hindsight now, I can see that I've been guided to this point in my life for various reasons.

I do have to say, that this wasn't the first time I had 'divine intervention' that stopped me from a catastrophic outcome. One other time when I was just a young woman of 25, I was saved from certain disaster with my first encounter with 'voices' within a dream. If interested, I can share that too...

-Karen
www.karen659.blogspot.com

Peter

Postby Peter » 15 Jul 2011 05:59

Hi Karen, some interesting posts here. Can you explain how you get to the OBE state please. It would be cool to get some idea of what you do or think about and how the state comes about. Its seems that you have been able to do this for a long time and have a lot of experiance.

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 15 Jul 2011 16:25

Same questions as Peter =)

You will find many people have come to the same conclusion about the "shared conscious" you wrote of. Some refer to it as the God conscious, universal consciousness, etc. It will surely be a drastic change for people on Earth if we come to the social acceptance that we are spiritual beings first, then physical beings, rather than the other way around.

karen659

Postby karen659 » 16 Jul 2011 17:23

Peter wrote:Hi Karen, some interesting posts here. Can you explain how you get to the OBE state please. It would be cool to get some idea of what you do or think about and how the state comes about. Its seems that you have been able to do this for a long time and have a lot of experiance.

Peter

Hi Peter! and thanks for posting! Yes, I've been doing this regularly for only about six years, so I'm no expert, but with each time I do, I learn something new. That's the great part about getting 'out'...you are always learning!

What might be easiest is to give links to where I describe my 'induction' for this and how I started...maybe that'll help and you can ask some specific questions if you have some after reading these.
My beginning: http://karen659.blogspot.com/2007/06/learning-to-dream-walk.html
Induction method: http://karen659.blogspot.com/2010/04/120-questions-and-answers.html
and : http://karen659.blogspot.com/2008/01/learning-near-physical-obe-my-technique.html

...and just to share my absolute favorite post here: http://karen659.blogspot.com/2008/04/52-i-did-it-used-false-awakening-for.html

Thanks so much for asking...and I hope you are able to get to my blog. If not, just let me know and I'll re-post these here.

Take care,
Karen

karen659

Postby karen659 » 16 Jul 2011 17:27

rdubya wrote:Same questions as Peter =)

You will find many people have come to the same conclusion about the "shared conscious" you wrote of. Some refer to it as the God conscious, universal consciousness, etc. It will surely be a drastic change for people on Earth if we come to the social acceptance that we are spiritual beings first, then physical beings, rather than the other way around.

Yes! absolutely, rdubya! What a wonderful world this would be to live in, if everyone 'knew' this and acted from this belief basis...we ARE all connected...and every little action we do that 'lifts' one other to a higher level will add to this higher vibrational energy!

Thanks!

Peter

Postby Peter » 17 Jul 2011 07:01

Hi Karen,
Getting a few of you blogs read and have a couple of questions. First up a little of my experience so there is some context. I have been LD for a long time and since journaling and searching for a few answers the last couple of years really moved up in experience. I sometimes enter a LD from sleeping via a dream sign or RC but a lot of the time I just enjoy the vivid dreams. They are pretty much a nightly event and so it’s hard to get dream signs when it is just that regular. I have also had a lot of WILD and this is not what I would call and OOB entry, just getting there without going to sleep. Thirdly is the OOB entry to a LD. Relaxing and feeling what you do and then rolling out and away. This will normally start in my room and then progress.
What in your opinion is the difference between a WILD or and OOB?, do they both end in a LD ?
Do they all lead to the same place? I do have some thoughts but they may be tempered by more experience and control and not be valid for defining differences

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”