Common Lucid Dream Scenarios - Why?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Desmond

Common Lucid Dream Scenarios - Why?

Postby Desmond » 02 Oct 2012 20:08

Hello Desmond here for the first time.

I want to find out from you lot out there if there are common themes in this type of experience. I suspect we've all had the flying & falling type dreams, but are there similar lucid equivalents? My most common lucid scenario is flying linearly through rows of houses at about 20 mph but it SEEMS that TWO 'wills' are present - mine and another INITIATOR whom I presume kicks the sequence off. Sometimes I am presented with fractal-like moving patterns, and I have noticed that LDs come much more easily towards daybreak when I've had a restless night. Currently I'm not sure whether I actually want full control of LD because I don't want the experience to become 'routine' - I feel the experience should be respected to some degree. It was C G Jung who stated that 'every night you have the possibility of the Eucharist'.
Also I am interested in how your LDs terminate - are they scripted like dreams from elsewhere or do you all have full control?

lucidinthe sky

Re: Common Lucid Dream Scenarios - Why?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 02 Oct 2012 20:20

Desmond wrote:Hello Desmond My most common lucid scenario is flying linearly through rows of houses at about 20 mph but it SEEMS that TWO 'wills' are present - mine and another INITIATOR whom I presume kicks the sequence off. Sometimes I am presented with fractal-like moving patterns, and I have noticed that LDs come much more easily towards daybreak when I've had a restless night. Currently I'm not sure whether I actually want full control of LD because I don't want the experience to become 'routine' - I feel the experience should be respected to some degree. ...Also I am interested in how your LDs terminate - are they scripted like dreams from elsewhere or do you all have full control?

I have this experience of 2 wills like you describe, that makes it part of what I consider to "full" lucidity. For me trying to play both roles gets confusing and can lower the quality of the dream experience, but I'm fairly new at this so maybe that will change with time. Right now I'm choosing to only play the role of conscious observer and leave the other role to the other part of me. I control things like where I want to go, but don't try to change major things like the setting of the dream, etc. I think it's fun to be surprised.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

beadietux

Postby beadietux » 02 Oct 2012 20:30

I am new to the awareness of being able to control lucid dreams, and I have had no success in controlling my environment. The only thing that has been similar in each of my LD's is that I bounce before flying, and in each one, I've been confined in some sort of building at first and have to find a way out. I had one LD where I actually communicated with a presence that I understood to be "in charge" of the dream, but other than that, I have not felt another presence while in my LD's.

Peter

Postby Peter » 03 Oct 2012 08:12

Control of yourself is one skill and that is good as it extends the dream and what you can do, I had a wonderful experience of meditating in the dream so I asked for this and had the control to sustain my lucidity for this event but the dream created the experience for me. Others times I will change the environment by asking for something or by doing something like diving into rock but let the dream create the visuals.
the deeper dreams are normally created for me.

I end dreams by making myself wake up or in long ones they just fade - the equivalent of going to sleep in waking life. A dream fading is waking up to life and sleeping is waking up to the dream world
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”