What's the FIRST thing you do after becoming lucid?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lucidinthe sky

What's the FIRST thing you do after becoming lucid?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 19 Sep 2012 05:58

What's the first thing you do after becoming lucid, not counting reality checks?

In my lucid dreams, I touch everything I can get my dream hands on. It's so amazing to be able to touch and feel things in a dream just like waking life. SO mind boggling! Can't get enough of it.

What about you?
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Jack Reacher

Re: What's the FIRST thing you do after becoming lucid?

Postby Jack Reacher » 19 Sep 2012 06:25

I usually immediately start levitating, I can do it on command now and i see no reason for walking, I just instantly start hovering over to where I wanna go, this usually crashes the dream if I go "out of bounds" too early
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 20 Sep 2012 04:51

Jack Reacher wrote:I usually immediately start levitating, I can do it on command now and i see no reason for walking, I just instantly start hovering over to where I wanna go, this usually crashes the dream if I go "out of bounds" too early

That's cool. I'm familiar with the idea of crashing the lucid dream but what is "out of bounds" for you?
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Sir_Serix

Postby Sir_Serix » 23 Sep 2012 13:42

Till now, the first thing I do in a LD since my first one is flying. Just when I acquire lucidity i start looking upwards and going to the sky.The problem is that I don't want to fly any more, I want to get inspiration or knowing more about myself. It's funny how I'm getting mad for flying when some people just can't do it :lol:

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 23 Sep 2012 20:29

Haha I feel the same way, I feel there are other interesting things I could be doing but all I wanna do is fly when I get lucid, fair enough though its amazing and you dont get to experience it much in life.

As for what is out of bounds, usually when I become lucid the dreamscape is like a level from a video game, its a set area and it didnt really load anything else outside. See my topic Glitch City in LD forum for a good idea on what I mean.

So say my dream is just a garden, if I were to fly over the garden and into the air so I can see the entire city, my mind hasnt really loaded the rest of the city because it didnt expect me to fly, so its like all empty and weird and usually crashes the dream if its not strong enough.

Out of bounds is basically going somewhere where the dream never expected you to go, its usually somewhere you personally havent explored.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Sep 2012 22:02

Interesting question: What is the VERY FIRST thing you do?

The very first thing I do is look around and get my bearings.
When I become lucid from a dream, the 'tunnel vision' is gone so naturally I look around and see exactly where I am. Sometimes I will remain in a dream stooper and other times I will get a tremendous rush of excitement knowing I am in my mental playground.

Then the dream goes from there depending on the surrounds and there are 3 main ones for me. If I am in a busy city I tend to talk to people or even mess with them. If I am in a natural setting and alone I tend to fly more readily and explore. And If I am in my own house I tend to conjure items and food and even people to talk to.

I actually forget to touch things, and only remember when the dream is fading and it helps keep me in it. But it makes it feel more real. Any movie can have visuals and sounds, but touching makes the dream even more '3 dimensional' if you know what I mean. Like you are REALLY IN IT!

Anyway, this was helpful because I just realized something about myself. I tend to have 3 main settings for my lucid dreams (Cities, Nature, Home, the 4th would be OTHER and it can be anything). And in each setting, certain things are easier to do than in others.)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Sep 2012 02:44

The VERY FIRST thing for me is "WOW!!!! Where the heck am I and how did I get here?" In a snap, I can immediately feel all the sensations of waking life and especially notice the feeling of walking and the sensation of my feet on the ground. The thought comes "I'm walking around now inside a dream!" All indications are that I am awake. I also have to overcome my disbelief which is difficult with all these thoughts like "how can this be a dream, it's too damn real!"

Jack Reacher wrote:...my mind hasnt really loaded the rest of the city because it didnt expect me to fly, so its like all empty and weird and usually crashes the dream if its not strong enough.

Out of bounds is basically going somewhere where the dream never expected you to go, its usually somewhere you personally havent explored.

Yes, I think I know what you mean. It's like getting ahead of what you are prepared to create mentally. This is generally the problem with controlling the dream, you have to have the capability to create whatever scenes you desire and it also comes down to what you believe.

HAGART wrote:I actually forget to touch things, and only remember when the dream is fading and it helps keep me in it. But it makes it feel more real. Any movie can have visuals and sounds, but touching makes the dream even more '3 dimensional' if you know what I mean. Like you are REALLY IN IT!

Yes that's partially why I love touching things to feel how real it is. It's one thing to look around and say. "wow, that looks real", but when you actually touch it, then it's another thing entirely. My LDs are usually completely 3 dimensional and touching it just reinforces that. Like the scene in the Matrix where Neo is touching the chairs and can't believe they are not real.

willlem

Postby willlem » 25 Sep 2012 19:32

Focus on not forgetting what will be gotten out of the experience the following morning. Then unleash creativity upon a chosen relevant matter. Perhaps something you were lacking creativity in.

Try to incorporate this process in real life afterwards, gain mental advantage out of it.

beadietux

Postby beadietux » 03 Oct 2012 10:05

First, as soon as I realize I'm lucid, I feel giddy...like just a ridiculous rush of excitement that makes me giggle uncontrollably because I can't wait to see what this one will be like...I'm guessing this is because I've only had a handful of LD's since learning about what they are. It's definitely fun to be so stupidly happy, BUT it almost kicks me out of the dream, so I have to really work to control that emotion. So, then the two things I've consistently done immediately after realizing that I'm in an LD is to put my hand through walls (and giggle) and bounce around and levitate (and giggle some more).

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 04 Oct 2012 05:07

beadietux wrote:First, as soon as I realize I'm lucid, I feel giddy...like just a ridiculous rush of excitement that makes me giggle uncontrollably because I can't wait to see what this one will be like...I'm guessing this is because I've only had a handful of LD's since learning about what they are. It's definitely fun to be so stupidly happy, BUT it almost kicks me out of the dream, so I have to really work to control that emotion. So, then the two things I've consistently done immediately after realizing that I'm in an LD is to put my hand through walls (and giggle) and bounce around and levitate (and giggle some more).

I get that rush of excitement too, the first time I ended up booting myself right out of the dream which is fairly common. I learned to contain it somewhat, but still fighting with myself over whether it could even be possible. It's quite a job to contain the excitement. Experiencing dreams as a solid 3D world is so amazing and unbelievable, doubt I'll ever get over that.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”