Neat Meditation Trick

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Jack Reacher

Neat Meditation Trick

Postby Jack Reacher » 03 Oct 2012 20:40

This is just something I have stumbled upon while walking, this works best if you are walking around. Basically try and visualise the very last thing you saw, constantly. so look at something and sorta take screenshot of it. Look at something else and visualise the last thing you were looking, and repeat. After doing this my mind felt completely clean, I had no dialogue while doing this and my thoughts were more structured for the rest of the day
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Peter

Re: Neat Meditation Trick

Postby Peter » 03 Oct 2012 23:32

Ta - will try this
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 04 Oct 2012 05:39

After trying it again what I found was that my minds eye became what I was seeing on the street, so it was like my vision and mind merged into one and I was no longer really thinking, I was purely in the present my thoughts soley on my environment and other senses. I also had music playing and once I got to this state I could focus 100% on the music, made it much more enjoyable.

Peter

Postby Peter » 04 Oct 2012 06:48

it sounds similar to what LeBerge calls "noticing" he starts some of his exercise audios by asking you to look around and ask yourself who is watching and to notice your surroundings by pausing and seeing what is in front of you. Same effect I think and it settles the mind and starts the look inward.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 05 Oct 2012 20:03

So anyone else had any kind of results from trying this? Any change in mood or mindset? I personally felt happier after doing it the first time.

beadietux

Postby beadietux » 06 Oct 2012 03:06

I'm definitely going to try it. For a few months before my LD's expanded to the point that I began researching and figuring out what the heck I've been doing, I was really focused on existing only in the present. I had a lot of trauma happen all at once last spring - death, job loss, total financial ruin, and some other crap - and I was overwhelmed and afraid I might have a heart attack or a total mental breakdown. Anyway, learning to live only in the present moment - as in minute to minute - saved my life, I believe. And after several weeks of this only living in the very present moment, I had my first experience of controlling a dream - I altered a nightmare to make it better. This was so exciting but also scary and led me to research LD's. So, anyway, it makes total sense to me that focusing only on the present would cause such positive effects with LD's.

Sir_Serix

Postby Sir_Serix » 06 Oct 2012 22:31

Incredible, I just did that while reading this post and I already felt different :D
Well, that's gonna help me to focus

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 06 Oct 2012 23:22

Glad to see it helped. I think in order to remember what you just looked at, you reall yhave to concetrate on it and make an effort to store the image as a memory. So if you do this for like 5 minutes, you really are just living in the moment, you can stop your minds wondering completely. When your mind comes back your thoughts have much more structure, in my opinion.

FantasyMind

Postby FantasyMind » 07 Oct 2012 10:53

Thank you! I'm gonna keep doing this all day! :D Do you reckon if this trick will keep your mind clear when performing WILD?
Are you dreaming?

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 07 Oct 2012 20:13

Not sure, when I do WILDS I always observe my thoughts and images in a similar way to keep my awareness up at all times so yeah this could help out.

Return to “Off-Topic”