How would be a world where everyone knows about LDs?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Sir_Serix

How would be a world where everyone knows about LDs?

Postby Sir_Serix » 26 Sep 2012 01:39

That's it, I just want to hear your opinions, would it be better,worse, do you think we're gonna reach that day?
In my opinion, a world where everyone knows about Lucid Dreams would be good in some senses, but as always, when something is known by everyone it needs to have some bad results :(
I think that psychiatry, psychology and neurology would be sciences that would change forever, as having a key to your inner mind would be a great point.The bad side, I think, is that media would get bombed of LD ads such as 'Your key to lucidity is this new X' or 'Learn to Lucid Dream in a day with Y' and also arts would become much more advanced, but, as everyone knows about making music or art instantly, the way for a piece of art to become a masterpiece will be almost impossible.And last thing (I'll leave it as a question), if we reach a future where Lucidity becomes an activity as famous as tennis or chess, do you thing it would be banned or addictive? I mean, having such easiness and liberty to enter on your own world...
well,what do you think?

lucidinthe sky

Re: How would be a world where everyone knows about LDs?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 03 Oct 2012 03:17

I think the world would be completely different in a good way because the level of consciousness would be much higher if everyone was practicing LDs, not just knowing about them.

But, I think that the raised level of consciousness would be a cause, not the result of everyone practicing lucid dreaming so raising the level of consciousness would have to happen first
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 04 Oct 2012 10:33

It might be different because people don't place that much value in dreams today, but since you can remember, control and experience them in a kind of material way, people might find them more relevant so more conversations about this kind of stuff would pop up. Also might lead to more healthier and mindful lifestyles.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Peter

Postby Peter » 05 Oct 2012 03:36

Just like religion does ?, I expect there would be massive manipulation of people and belief systems created that would negate any positive effects of lucid dreaming.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 05 Oct 2012 04:20

It would probably make the world about 20% cooler than it is right now...

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 13 Oct 2012 17:06

Peter wrote:Just like religion does?, I expect there would be massive manipulation of people and belief systems....

And that's not going on now?
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 13 Oct 2012 22:58

[quote="lucidinthe sky"]I think the world would be completely different in a good way because the level of consciousness would be much higher if everyone was practicing LDs, not just knowing about them.

Yep increased consciousness/awareness would be a great thing for a world where people not many people are using their minds.
What is your definition of reality?

Smithlife

Postby Smithlife » 16 Apr 2013 14:46

Really good.I will concern about it.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Apr 2013 12:19

It would make a much better world as people would learn to watch their negative thoughts.

Kids having nightmares would be sent to LD experts to work on their LD skills.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Off-Topic”