sleep paralysis and my mom.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
HAGART

Re: sleep paralysis and my mom.

Postby HAGART » 04 Oct 2012 11:31

I have had sleep paralysis, but every time, I was in a dream. It felt like I was awake, and during my early ones, I swore I was awake and wouldn't realize I wasn't until later when I truly woke up. So actually, if it happens often enough that it becomes a familiar occurrence, and you know you are dreaming then essentially you are lucid dreaming. You may not be able to move, and stuck in bed, sometimes with creepy voices or shadow figures, so it wouldn't be a very fun lucid dream, but technically, you are aware that you are not seeing waking reality, so therefore a form of lucid dreaming.

But how to end it and start a more pleasurable lucid dream?

One way is to try with all your might to stand up and leave the dream room. Whenever a shadow-guy would show up I would attack it and usually pop into a different surrounding and still lucid. Sometimes I use to float up out of bed and around the room, or feel like something malevolent was dragging me around. (Like the stuff demonic possessions are made of... but it's not ;) ) So sometimes I floated/got dragged outside my room or even the house and lucid dreamed with more control from there. I actually haven't had it for a while and think it was just a phase. The more I got use to it the less it happened. I actually kind of miss it. There's nothing like having the bejesus scared out of you before you start your day! :twisted: :lol:

But I still wonder if some people get sleep paralysis and are truly awake. If so, then it is a completely different story, and none of that would work.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 04 Oct 2012 15:09

huh. that is interesting. because i read on this website, "The experience of sleep paralysis occurs when your mind (in part) wakes up, but your body remains asleep. Physically asleep, you remain paralyzed. But mentally conscious, you may start to panic and the half-dreaming mind conjures up nightmarish images to "explain" what is happening" (worl of lucid dreaming). tht basically awnsered my most deepest and confusing question about your state of mind. but i also read that when you try to fight your sleep paralysis, it will just result in more demons and scary things because yyou will be so anicked about not being able to move.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Oct 2012 17:12

Lucid Dreamer wrote: i also read that when you try to fight your sleep paralysis, it will just result in more demons and scary things because yyou will be so anicked about not being able to move

If you're panicked it may make it worse I bet, but whenever I fought it, I became extremely angry at it :x. It is a highly emotional state, and your own emotion can change things. Anger conquers fear.

Lucid Dreamer wrote:"The experience of sleep paralysis occurs when your mind (in part) wakes up, but your body remains asleep. Physically asleep, you remain paralyzed.

When someone has SP are their eyes open and see the true room around them, with a few hallucinations thrown in, or are they still fully asleep and only think they are awake? I actually don't know, because nobody was around me whenever I had it.

It's like the part of your mind that knows you are asleep and shouldn't get up is fighting with the one that knows it is a dream. This happens in some other lucid dreams of mine in which I can't seem to stand up and keep getting an unrelenting urge to lay down. When I finally do, I tend to sink into the carpet/ground and wind up somewhere else and still lucid. It's like a part of the brain was saying, "HEY! This is not right. You should be asleep". Then if I do in the dream, that seems to satisfy it or trick it into thinking the body is asleep again.

So here's another thought, another way to get out of SP: go to 'sleep' and have a WILD. Know that every thought you have may manifest itself, relax, and let it happen. Ignore any weird sensations like bed sheets getting pulled off or shrink-wrapping around your body -- those use to spook me awake, but with familiarity don't anymore. Just observe passively. You may see weird images and hear sounds, but eventually it will pop into a 3D dream world. And if not, it's still good practice to become familiar with all those weird sounds and sensations in this state of mind.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 04 Oct 2012 20:32

thanks! and i like your signature. haha.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Return to “For Beginners”