Sleep Deprivation and dreams

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
SolarFlare

Sleep Deprivation and dreams

Postby SolarFlare » 17 Aug 2012 00:53

Hello,

For me that's a holiday period and i can sleep a lot, 12 hours a night, or even more if i want to. But during hard studying period my sleep time fall under 7 hours a night, even 4 hours sometimes. I know that's not very good, but well, choice isn't mine and sleeping isn't as important as my studies. I'd like to know whether it's possible or not to have dreams during this kind of short nights, I wouldn't like to lost what I've managed to do with dreams this summer ! :|
Last edited by SolarFlare on 17 Aug 2012 22:15, edited 1 time in total.

Peter

Re: Sleep Deprivation and dreams

Postby Peter » 17 Aug 2012 08:17

Yes it is, sleep deprivation might make your dream more vivid as well.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

SolarFlare

Postby SolarFlare » 17 Aug 2012 22:19

Thank you for your answer, so now, i can hope i'll have dreams this year, not like last year when i had none during poor sleeping period !

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 30 Sep 2012 03:03

One way to up your chances of being lucid is to deprive yourself of sleep for a few nights. I can't say I recommend it, but it has worked for me when I couldn't avoid it.

It's been proven that several nights in a row of too little sleep result in much more vivid dreams and if you are working on lucid dreaming, better chances to succeed.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 30 Sep 2012 05:30

Too little sleep and broken sleep so you are REM deprived
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 04 Oct 2012 21:58

I have not had a lucid dream in the longest time. :cry:
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Return to “Sleep Disorders”