is this the right way to do a WILD?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
beadietux

Re: is this the right way to do a WILD?

Postby beadietux » 05 Oct 2012 02:20

I'm struggling with this as well. I have had very intense vivid DILD's where I remember to do reality checks, talk to DC's, fly, etc. I meditate every day and have great experiences with that. I have a very strong imagination and can create visualizations that I experience with all of my senses (I'm on a beach and physically see everything, feel the wind in my hair and the water, taste the saltwater, smell all of those beachy smells, etc.) I am able to completely become immersed in my dream world...but I have never popped in and had a WILD. So....I'm pretty frustrated. I just don't know what else I could be doing.

Peter

Postby Peter » 05 Oct 2012 03:10

I have a very strong imagination and can create visualizations that I experience with all of my senses

This wont help you with a WILD as least I dont think it will and no doubt someone will have a different opinion.

In a WILD you are trying to get part of your mind to go to sleep and part of you mind to stay awake. It is that simple and that is all you are trying to do. At the instant of sleep you need to maintain awareness of the fact and keep part of you mind awake. To do this I relax and start to drift off, I will normally put my awareness to a part of my body that is active for some reason, say a warm spot on my leg or a tight muscle, anything that comes to my attention and then when I feel I need to I will move to another spot, I will also from time to time look at my eyelids or look into the darkness and see what is there.

All this does is start to break connections with the external senses and begin the journey inwards. At some point I may fall into sleep and it will normally be an instant and I will snap out, it helps if you are slightly raised on a pillow and if you do go to sleep your head will move and wake you up. Doing it this way will get you asleep and then wake up in an instant. Now you can lay down on your back or side and start to drift into sleep, as you do or as I do I will now be looking at my eyelids and seeing the darkness there some spots of light will appear, I just observe them and they may form into images or may not, there is a point where you will fall asleep and if lucky will also be aware of this. Well done you have just had your first WILD.
WILD is and entry technique and it is simply falling asleep while staying aware or partly awake. You need skills to maintain the lucid state.

sometimes this is so easy its silly and sometimes it just eludes you, dont sweat it just keep at it.

There are also the many times where I am asleep and aware and dont know, just lying there in bed and not knowing I am asleep so I am lucid as in aware but did not get it. Its like a false awakening but I didnt go to sleep first so its a WILW (wake induced lucid awakening) Odd but true
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

beadietux

Postby beadietux » 05 Oct 2012 14:31

Wow, thanks for that Peter...very helpful. I was basing the technique solely on what is described on this website where you begin by manipulating those swirly flourescent light patterns on the back of your eyelids into objects, then you build a dreamscape and make it as real as possible, then "pop" in. I've never been able to manipulate those swirly lights (sometimes they form into something on their own but only for a moment) so I just created dreamscapes using visualizations in my mind's eye and hoped that I would just "pop" into the dream once my body was asleep.

I'm definitely going to try what you described. Thanks!

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”