Am I Meditating correctly?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Guitar48300

Am I Meditating correctly?

Postby Guitar48300 » 05 Oct 2012 16:38

I recently started meditating again. I took a break because it didnt seem to be working. But looking back now, I wonder if the reason it wasn't working is because I wasn't doing it right.

What I do is I meditate before going to bed(I used to do it in the afternoon or early evening on school days. I go into my bedroom and shut off the light, Then I sit down with my legs as crossed as I can get them. Next, I listen to the 10 minutes binaural beat on my 3DS with the loop on so I could get 20 minutes of meditation. While the beat is playing I try my hardest to focus on my breathing, and I mean I have my mind thinking about my breath going in and out slowly. But then I always get something else on my mind, or my mind will try to tell me that I should stop due to boredom(which I never listen), I still hold on to my thought about my breathing, but the other thought will still be there or it'll go for a minute then return. I also usually get an itch or discomfort in my sitting position, and I would scratch the itch and arrange my body. Sometimes I'll ignore them for a while but my mind will still focus on the fact that it's there, then I eventually give in.

So what do you think?
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

FantasyMind

Re: Am I Meditating correctly?

Postby FantasyMind » 05 Oct 2012 17:40

I'm not so sure, but I don't think there really is a 'correct way' to meditate. You can be in any position you want, whatever you find most comfortable and best. The whole point of meditating, is to get your mind in a relaxed, focused and calm state. Have you tried lying when meditating? I find that best but that's just me :D
Are you dreaming?

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 05 Oct 2012 21:48

FantasyMind wrote:I'm not so sure, but I don't think there really is a 'correct way' to meditate. You can be in any position you want, whatever you find most comfortable and best. The whole point of meditating, is to get your mind in a relaxed, focused and calm state. Have you tried lying when meditating? I find that best but that's just me :D

Ive thought about that, but I didnt know if it counted as lucid dreaming meditation or attempting WILD or both. I'll try it and see what happens. Thanks :)
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 10 Oct 2012 07:41

Heres something I picked up recently which might help. Meditation can go one of two ways. Clearing the mind of all thought is the common one. However, this is actually a more simplistic approach to meditation, which is fine. However, a much deeper and sometimes more useful form of meditation is the calming of your own subjective consciousness. Meaning that instead of interacting with the thoughts that pop into your head, just observe them. If a thought pops up, just let it runs its course and then let it pass of its own accord. You have to stop yourself from doing the thinking, and just observe how your mind functions while your consciousness sits quietly and watches. This is difficult for some, but you may have better luck with it since it would allow you to let those random thoughts enter your mind, so long as you don't start interacting with them. Private message me for some readings on it or more information.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 11 Oct 2012 21:56

i usually do the one sitting crossed legged and index and thumbs touching each other. i just end all thoughts and if any come in i just let it run its course like the comment mentioned above.
What is your definition of reality?

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”