Semi-lucid?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Semi-lucid?

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 16 Jul 2011 14:31

Well, I don't know how to start...but recently I had a dream in which I was dreaming that I drowned in a big ocean, I woke up, looked around my room, saw that it was still night time, so I went to sleep again.
After I slept, I continued that dream, in which I was drowning, but I saw myself from another perspective while I was drowning (I mean I was drowning and saw myself from up high (like a camera) while drowning, so that would be the drowning me, and the other one that observes him), I looked away from my drowning clone, and around myself, and saw my mother, who asked me "Why didn't you die when you sunk in that ocean"....and suddenly I realized that I'm in a dream and non of this, is real life.

I became lucid, and so excited, started to run around the room I was in, and did lots of reality checks, I don't know why "lots" of them, but I did. At that time I kinda lost control of myself and the dream ended with a blue-ish screen, that being the color of the wall of my real bedroom...
My thoughts on that would be that, I opened my physical eyes while I was dreaming and saw the blue wall of my bedroom while observing my dream with my dream eyes in the same time, so my brain got confused and woke me up...

Now the question is......was that a lucid dream, or did I dream about being lucid in a dream, I don't really have an idea on what happened.
Feedback is appreciated, and thanks! :D
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

Magnus

Re: Semi-lucid?

Postby Magnus » 16 Jul 2011 15:17

Lol, I have had one of these where I think that I'm dreaming, but it's inside a dream. It's really annoying because we can't know for sure if it is a lucid dream or not :P I think you have to stick with your gut feeling on this one, even though for me this sounded like a lucid dream :) But if it felt otherwise then maybe it was your brain tricking you into thinking that you were lucid. It can happen :D
First lucid dream : July 14, 2011
Lucid dream count : 5
Last lucid dream : 11 september 2011

Have given up, for now. The school is too much work. I am going to keep doing it i my weekend and vacations though :)

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 16 Jul 2011 15:27

Well, I think my brain just tricked me, I'm not sure if that was a lucid dream or not. Anyway it felt good knowing your dreaming, thanks for the reply ;)
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

Peter

Postby Peter » 16 Jul 2011 22:04

it can get confusing. a few nights back I had a LD and at some stage I was describing this to a friend (real friend) and a plane came into view so I watched it come in for landing. A close look and it was ship with wings and I clicked that I was awake in a dream. False awakining - had no idea until this moment.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”