First WILD

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

First WILD

Postby Worldenterer1 » 08 Oct 2012 04:57

Tried a wild on a car ride. Felt numb and saw flashing rainbow colors. Made myself appear on a beach. woke up though.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Re: First WILD

Postby Tomato » 09 Oct 2012 00:08

My first lucid dream was by WILD. I haven't been able to do it since. I can't imagine how someone could meditate in a moving car. :?
You tell that Mitt Romney bastard, If he screws with Big Bird, he screws with me.

Re: First WILD

Postby HAGART » 11 Oct 2012 18:33

I had what I would consider my first true WILD this morning.
I woke up and looked at the clock and realized I could go back to sleep for another 45 minutes so I did. I was thinking about the last dream I just had and it was kinda like I was daydreaming with visuals and was in that same mindset again, but with just blank eyelids to stare at. Then I saw some blue flashes of light. I don't know how long it was before I felt a familiar feeling come over me. (I felt it before between lucid dreams). My mind was sort of vibrating and I felt something wash over my body like the bed sheets shrink-wrapping around my body. I have felt that before. I started to wonder if it would turn into a scary sleep paralysis moment and started to hear a voice and sense something in my room, but I ignored it and reminded myself that there was nothing out there and focused on myself instead. My heart rate increased and I was breathing heavy from the near fright and calmed myself and concentrated on my breathing. I felt a hand on the back of my neck, but again just tried to think happy thoughts and pretended it was a beautiful woman, not something scary. It felt like it lasted a long time, but was probably only a minute. I started to think of where I wanted to go and just like you, I thought: THE BEACH! Then it all stopped suddenly and I failed... or did I?

I opened my eyes looked around. I was in my room and it was too real to be a dream. Just for the heck of it I did a reality check anyway and saw a blue thing on a desk and tried to raise it with my mind. It worked! So I got up and walked around. The dream was very stable and real.

In retrospect, it is amazing that I actually thought it was my room at all at the beginning because it was nothing like my bedroom in reality. But it felt so familiar at the time. It probably lasted 5-10 minutes or so and having looked at my real clock both before and after, the whole thing, including the onset of it lasted 20 minutes.

I've had similar experiences with hypnogogia and sleep paralysis type feelings that would lead to a lucid dream, but never directly from having been awake only moments before. It's so easy when it happens, and feels like I can do it again, but I bet it may be another week or so before I successfully do another.... I hope.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”